1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you see yourself fighting in a war?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lemons123, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Jellal

No way. I'm not cut out for battle. I'd have to be enlisted as some kind of worker other than a soldier.

2. Rapha Lover

Only war that I want fight is for a real popular revolution!

I support the revolutionaries against fascist state called Ukraine that down a lot Lenin statue and banned left-wing party! Great ''freedom'' USA! All this for petroleum in Ukraine. Meanwhile in Siria, I support Assad government against ''rebels'' pay by Obama to destabilized that country and transform then like Iraq or Libia...

Every war against imperialism and for REAL freedom to any people and become a society more and more equality and fair for all, I AGREE!!!! (!)(!)(!)

Viva la revolution!

<3

3. Joelouis

Well, I'm certain another World War is inevitable in the not too distant future judging by the way the world is going. Western governments constantly sticking their noses in and destabilising other countries. Then doing literally nothing about Russia in Crimea except sanctions.
    Earth is way too overpopulated. Humans are meant to be so intelligent, but just can't see what we're doing to the planet. More like we just don't care.
    All greed and corruption.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not really. Would I be willing to? Maybe. I'd certainly join the armed forces (tried to actually, got denied >.<) but I didn't want to go into a combat MOS. The only way I'd likely actually "fight" in a war is if I were drafted in utmost desperation, my hometown was invaded and I had to grab a gun and resist, or if our government went nuts and there was a martial coup in which I needed to participate for the sake of freedom.

So yeah, it's not out of the question. But highly improbable.

^^JoeLouis, very tangential, but the earth isn't overpopulated. We have the land area and the means to support ourselves; we just need to figure out how to use it better. :wink:

#64 Argentwing, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  6. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would avoid fighting in a war if at all possible. I may try to help the side I agree with in other ways.... I would only fight as a last resort. And in a battle like the examples it probably would just depend on how I was raised. There's not really a righ answer.

7. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am so tired of hearing about this upcoming war.. You know which side I would pick? all those innocent, suffering people's side.

8. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know it's not the same, but you're comparing the EU to the Soviet Union and that's absolutely an inaccurate comparison. The USSR was an established totalitarian rule - that's not comparable to the EU. (Technically speaking, the USSR was a Marxist–Leninist state - The EU is a politico-economic union of 28 member states)

You are right, the amount of ignorance is very extreme, yet I don't think that the war has brought good things in Ukraine.

9. Higs

The country I was born in and lived til I was 13 is considering to make army mandatory for 19-25 males to fight the russians... Lucky enough I moved to Spain and I don't have to but the simple thought of how close I got to being in an actual war is terrifying.

10. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Gladly, but only if the war actually threatened my country, because I'm really not cut out for the battle field. (then, I'd kinda feel like I had a duty to fight)
    I don't believe in sending troops out to fight in other people's wars and calling it 'fighting for our country' when the actual war had nothing to do with us until we got involved.
    Not that fighting in foreign wars is a bad thing. It's a totally noble thing to do and I have great respect for soldiers.

11. BlueAndWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ehhh... only as a last resort, if my country was invaded and they were desperate for soldiers. Otherwise, probably not

12. EDMJunkie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The only way I would actively participate in combat is if I was fighting against a government(revolution) or against an invading force(think of the movie Red Dawn or the video game Homefront ). I have always wanted to experience what it's like to be in a warzone, and I also want to be a journalist. So I've decided to be a combat reporter. That way, I can be in combat, but I'm not in combat.

13. geroni211

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I could see myself if it was my country being invaded or some kind of civil war, but not to invadeother countries.
    A soldier is made to defend his country, not destroy others.

14. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would easily fight for/defend America and Israel. Not even a question.

15. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This might inaccurately glorify war (it is nasty, awful business no knowing person could portray otherwise, games/fiction notwithstanding) but that song is freaking great. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. jema

17. White Knight

Yes, in frontlines if my country somehow invaded or aliens attack to earth to kill all humanity. Still need to be 100% sure that it is really an invasion not some plot of politicians to gain upper hand.

Otherwise no. I am even against "army" idea but it is a long story.

For terrorist I don't think I need to be in army. I would pick a gun and shoot them in the head if I'd know one.

18. nativeofruby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I would definitely fight for something that I believe in.
    but these modern wars are simply ridiculous and they disgust me deeply.

19. Zombi3

Maybe fighting to survive, but not to join the war.

20. Nickinthemiddle

Bitter vet here. Once you join the Army, you have no choice as to what you will or will not fight for. You will fight for whatever you are told to fight for, or you face punishment or jail time in a military prison/brig if you refuse. You have no choice whatsoever.

There are many people who are able to think for themselves in the matter in uniform, but you don't get to speak out about it... but many people in uniform buy into what they're told.

When Osama Bin Ladin was finally killed, I was glad that a man that caused so much death and torture in the world had been stopped from being able to do that anymore. However I found no great joy in the death of any person. I remember having a special formation for the occasion, the company commander was leading a pep talk about how awesome we were, as I looked around every face was shining with excitement, and we were clapping and cheering and exulting in his death. I felt so out of place because I did not feel exalted like they did, like I was supposed to. But you clap and you cheer because you have to.

If you want to keep your autonomy and choose what you will and will not fight for, you become an activist and not a Soldier. When you are a Soldier, you are the tool of what the politicians want you to fight for.

I don't regret my service but that's the truth.