1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you retain the beliefs/religion you were born into?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kodo, Nov 20, 2015.

1. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do,somewhat . I joke around and say that God is my dad and call the devil uncle Lucy... I think it's also funny How they kinda have a hades and zeus relationship when explained in Christianity. Of course as a child I was always threatened by going to hell but didn't really care. It amazes me that even as a child I understood what they were talking about (preachers at the churches I've visited ) and applied it as common sense. Even now, I guess I associated myself with psychics and new age... there is science and logic behind it. I do think faith and trust is important though <3.

2. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. I vilify it. I am ashamed that I ever even associated with such people.

3. cakepiecookie

My parents aren't religious and always said they wanted me to make up my own mind and that they'd support me in whatever I wanted to believe just as long as it wasn't hateful. I've basically always been an atheist. I tried to make myself believe in something in my early teens, but I could never convince myself that it made sense.