1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you need love in life?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beware Of You, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

I don't know if I need to be "loved" by someone. I mean wouldn't it just be easier to not bother with dating, farting around with someone etc.

Some people say you do, but its not going to harm you if you don't right?

2. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i tried to tell myself i could give up a love life cuz i guess i never thought i could have one after transition... (and i still have a lot of fears about that and am worried it won't be as sincere/authentic as it could have if i were a gay male).. but i DO need love. badly. i need to find someone to share my stories with cuz they don't mean anything if you've got no one to tell them to. cue song:

The story- Brandi Carlile - YouTube

i crave sooo much from a guy it's legit hard to live without some days :frowning2:

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If by "love" you mean sexual love, then no. However emotional love (which may be sexual, also) is not needed. There many people (monks, hermits, etc.) who live lives of celibacy and yet have fulfillment, but I don't think many of those people would do it just to avoid others or trying out relationships.

4. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know I do.

5. justjade

As far as sex, for the most part, I can take it or leave it. But as far as love as in mutual interest in each others' well-being while in a committed relationship, I don't know that I could live without it.

6. Doshyboi

Doshyboi Guest

You can be happy and content by yourself. We don't need anyone else to complete ourselves. But there is this idea that we have to have a partner. I'm happy by myself. I have loving friends and family and that's all I need. I could go either way but if I date someone they have to be worth it.

7. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would say romantic love is a privilege, but love in general is a necessity.

Although eros love is the most common form of love discussed, I don't consider it the most important. However, without anybody we can't get through this life.

8. castle walls

I think it depends on the person but the vast majority of people need love. This isn't limited to love from a partner. You could also get love from family members or friends.

9. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What is a life without love?

What is a world without love? A large part of what is called environmental degradation is in fact a world without love, without art or music, or beautiful things, or quality.

It would be a world ruled by cold, hard logic, without mercy or care...who needs love? Just about everyone; especially those who are the most difficult to love.

10. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I would say I'm heavily dependant on loving and feeling loved.

11. Northern

I don't think you need a life with love but I think it can help. I probably won't bother too much with it, since I figure what I want isn't really out there and if I do find someone they won't meet the expectations I have. But that is a whole other conversation.

I think some people need love, others don't and some just need a taste to decide whether or not they really need or want it.

12. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love is fun, love is awesome. Love makes you feel good both inside...and out. I love love.

13. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know. Can good friendships be love? I think that having friends who care for you over the long haul sometimes feels better than love that lasts a short while. That's my two cents. Any thoughts?

14. George

I think love is an important part to a satisfying life. Can a person live without it? Yeah they can biologically function, but I think the magical feeling of being in love is unmatched by any other human experience. It still is largely a mysterious thing for me, but I know love it is at the top of my list of things I hope to experience in my lifetime.

15. Night

Night Guest

Personally no but to each their own.

16. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

I'd die without love.

17. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think I could live without love. It would be so bland and pointless. I won't base my life around finding love, but I wouldn't feel happy or worthwhile if I didn't have love.

18. Northern

Well maybe they should avoid love, now hear me out.

Everyone here is sort of saying they are really for love and how without it life is pointless, but if the person never knows about it, couldn't they make a life without it. Just food for though.

19. George

Well, love is one of the most innate parts about being human. It's so powerful that countless LGBT have fought to break down the barriers set up by traditional society even in times and places where it was extremely dangerous. Yes, love can lead to broken hearts, and I suppose to some that pain might be a reason to avoid it altogether. However, that would be a conscious choice which requires knowledge of love. To truly be unaware of love would require isolation and no human interaction, seeing as it is so natural for us. Living a life completely alone might work for some, but I think such a life will never match up to the full potential of what a life filled with love can bring. The point here is that there's nothing to fear or avoid. It's the best of all possible emotional states one can attain and we should always be proud to love. :slight_smile:

20. Night

Night Guest

I don't know whether or not I should be sad that I seem so utterly disinterested in wanting love compared to some of the other answers.