1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you like to Dance at Clubs?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DRobs, Aug 23, 2018.

?

Do you like to dance at clubs?

1. No way.

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. Once in awhile.

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. I'm the one standing off to the side.

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. Heck yeah - I'll be out there grooving to the music with my shirt off.

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  5. I can do the lawn mower and the yard sprinkler.

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DRobs

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't been to a Gay Club in years. However, when I was in my 20's I liked to go out on the dance floor and have a good time. I wasn't all that good but would have fun at it.

Here at the base, I'll show off my moves every so often. Made some friends that way.

How about you?

[​IMG]

2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I love it. All the energy and excitement of it is amazing and euphoric to me. I'm definitely the dude that manages to lose his shirt too haha.

3. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have actually never been to a club. I know, I know, I am such a homebody. But there's a reason for that. It's no fun to go alone and I have no one who would go with me, and I have sensitive ears so music that is too loud really bothers me and gives me anxiety. But I LOVE the concept of going out dancing. I love the idea of turning on some great music and jamming out. I have always thought it would be a really romantic way to meet someone. So I have come to the conclusion that I might actually enjoy an outdoor concert more, where there is open space to dance and I can move further away from the noise if it gets to be too much.

#3 Love4Ever, Aug 23, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  4. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Back in the day I did, though never in gay clubs. I’d likely only succeed in breaking a hip if I attempted it today. I think my dancing days are largely over

5. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m a loser that’s never been clubbing or dancing.

6. smurf

Totally introvert here so going to a gay club takes a lot out of me, but every so often I get the itch to just be surrounded by LGBT people dancing the night away. When it happens we go with friends and just dance our butts off until we are all exhausted. One of the best feelings in the world.

Happens rarely though because as much fun as they are, crowds still give me anxiety and for the most part its exhausting. But where else can you dance the night away as hundreds of gay couples dancing and kissing all round you? :grin:

7. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good points here. I agree with you. I don't necessarily like the crowds or the club scene, but I do crave the idea of going out somewhere where yes, gay people can kiss and dance openly. I really want to do that, and I feel like in a environment like that, I could come out of my shell and kiss a girl like I really want to do.

8. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't been to any kind of club in years. Most clubs play music I've never heard of, so I can't dance to something unfamiliar. I also like to know the lyrics so I can sing along to it. If its classic rock, metal or cheesy 80s and 90s pop, then I'll join in. Anything else you'll have to physically drag me onto the dance floor.

9. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There was a very small window of time when I actually went to clubs, and yeah, I went all out lmao

10. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  11. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Depends how intoxicated I am.

12. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No dancing of any kind. Because I know that I cannot, so I don't

13. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Never been to a club, but in situations where I have danced (proms, weddings, parties, etc.) I've never been good at it, which sucks, because I love having a good time at these types of events, so when a good song comes on I have to dance to it, albeit horribly. To quote William H. Macy's character Dudley from the film Wild Hogs: "The music moves me, but it moves me ugly."

14. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The #1 thing I've seen that makes people bad at dancing is that they don't allow their joints/muscles to fully extend. It's like a golf swing, without the follow through it looks sloppy and doesn't work right. People aren't used to it because in normal life every movement is controlled like only reaching far enough to pick something up and then stopping. With dancing there should be no premature stopping - if the dance move involves moving your arm, you extend it all the way until the joint is straight and locked. I've seen a dance instructor teach people decent moves in less than an hour so it doesn't take long to improve.

Look at the lawn mower gif in the original post for example, if you look at their shoulders and thighs you can see they're pulling back on their muscles trying to control the movement instead of just letting the joint move all the way fluidly like it's supposed to, that's what makes it look awkward.

15. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love it! Used to go all the time, now it's a more occasional thing. There's nothing like that moment at around 3am when everyone who isn't really there to dance has gone home and the DJ's playing the stuff he actually likes, just playing the crowd like a violin. After all these years there's still something almost religious about the whole thing. Back in the day nothing made me feel more powerful than walking out onto the dance floor as I peeled off my shirt. Now it's more about feeling part of something. We still occasionally hit the clubs, but as we get older I've really come to appreciate the tea dance--take the entire apparatus of the club and a couple hundred of your closest friends and drag it outside--to the woods or the beach--and have that three in the morning experience on a Sunday afternoon. It's an amazing thing.