1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have an uncommon first name?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CharlieHK, Jun 29, 2014.

1. adrianislander

my name real name is quite common on my island but outside i doubt there's even one person who has my name. unless they came from my island.

2. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

my name was super incredibly grossly popular in the mid 80's to 90's and has now plumetted down. it will rise in fifty to sixty years again. my last name will probably completely die off within the same time frame, maybe twice that long worldwide.

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's a very nice name.

Mine is fairly common.

Uncommon first names can be interesting and very cool but, sometimes, parents get carried away with some strange ones and forget that the kid has to wear it 24/7.

I once went into a fast food place and the girl taking my order had a badge with the name Rotunda.

4. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

sometimes parents use the kids names, and the kid in general, as an accessory for the parent

i mean this can be expected in all parents in some way but it is more obvious in some than others as is the message intended

5. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yup. My name's Byron. I'm not the 23rd Brian in the workplace and it's a nice feeling. My birth name was pretty uncommon too, at least how it was spelled, so I was one of the kids who never had a name keychain and I probably never will be depending on a place's target demographic.

6. the haunted

Not at all. My name is Victoria. It's common and international.

7. Gen

Gen

Extremely. Not to mention, it has two capital letters and an accent. Which is the main reason why I never go by my first name on the internet. People in the real world struggle enough on average. I won't share it on the forums because it is basically it's own form of offsite contact, but bares a heavy resemblance to the name Beyoncé.

Which further solidifies the fact that we are basically the same person...

8. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My name is common, boring end geeky.

Happy days :slight_smile:

9. lovemschambers

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My name is one of the most common names in my sity.

10. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whenever I hear the name Karl or Carl the first thing I think about is the Llamas with Hats youtube videos.

11. Jonathan

Jonathan? Not uncommon at all :lol:

12. Maeve

There are approximately two other people with my name on Facebook. It's a very unusual Semitic name. My middle is also rare. And no, my name's not Maeve :wink:.

I definitely want to give my kids unique names, but perhaps not as unique as mine!

13. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My name is Spencer. It seems to be pretty rare. I've only met one other person who shared my name. It was a boy. It's unisex but most of the people I have met, automatically link it as being a male's name. It's also a surname. I haven't heard or seen it being used this way very much.

14. Emulator

It was common in the 1910s. Now it's not that common but not rare either, though it's never printed on name keychains. I know 2 others with the same name, and at some time or other we were in the same group/class which caused some confusion! Sometimes I use a short form of it, and that short form happens to be a Divergent character's name (which I just found out recently). It does make things awkward when I introduce myself.

15. TatumAngel

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My first name is rare for a girl's name, but not overly unique. However, I go by and have always gone by my middle, which is Chamberlin. It's what my parents call me, which makes me wonder why they didn't just make it my first name. People always misspell it, people almost always miss-pronounce it the first time so I have to keep repeating it, and I hate my nickname which is 'Chamby'. But (and no offense to the people with 'normal names', I have nothing against them) I've never met someone else who goes by 'Chamberlin' (unless it's their last name) and I really like that. Unusual names are awesome, but if you don't like yours, just come up with a cool nickname and insist that people use it. Trust me, they catch on.

16. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Mine too. It's very unusual; I've never heard anyone with it at all, even a search of the internet doesn't produce results. When you put it with my surname it has its own irony. :grin:

17. Hexagon

Nope. Although the shortened form of my name is more common than the full one, Alexander.

I keep thinking maybe I'd prefer to go by Alexander rather than Alex, but when I introduce myself, Alex just comes out.

18. sugarcubeigloo

Oh, god no! I can't go anywhere without running into someone with my name. If I'm out in public and someone calls my name, chances are, I won't respond. I just don't want to be one of the five other people craning their necks to see if they're being spoken to. Nope.

Now, my last name is very unique.

19. Yosia

I have to say, i dont know many girls with my name either ^.^

20. black-cat

My name is Mattea and it is very rare. It means 'a gift from God' in Hebrew, and I am rather fond of it. A lot of people assume that I'm Jewish or Israeli because of it, but that doesn't bother me. :slight_smile: