1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have a gay family member?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Dec 27, 2011.

?

Do you have a genetically related family member who is LGB?

1. Yes

76 vote(s)
    44.2%
  2. No

75 vote(s)
    43.6%
  3. I think I might but he/she isn't out

21 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. Bedroom Hymns

No. The closest I have to a gay family member is my mum's best friend. She's gay, and she's so lovely! She's one hell of a woman, she's hilarious and real fun.

Edit: I have to say I've got my suspicions about two cousins. One male and one female. But it's probably just me not wanting to be the only one.

2. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I don't think I have any family members who are LGB. Then again, my family really doesn't communicate that well. For example, my dad has 5 half-siblings he's never met before, and my mom's dad came from a large Catholic family, most of whom I've never met. I wouldn't be surprised if there were LGBT people in my family who I don't know about.

3. Bree

An aunt, who's been with her partner since before I was born, and a deceased uncle. He was one the longest living-with-HIV in Canada. Both of my parents have admitted to being Kinsey "1 or 2" however identify as straight.
    Yes, I copy-pasted that from a different message. They asked the same question.

People are forgetting that studies have been done on identical twins- if one is gay, the other has a 30% chance of being gay as well. Much higher than normal, but not entirely genetic by a long shot!

4. Linthras

Linthras Guest

None that I know of, since no-one's come out, but since I have a large family I assume I have at least one LGBT family member whoever that might be.

5. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am a little suspicious about a couple family members, but I don't think they are gay/bisexual.

6. EM68

Not officially, but I think a cousin overseas might be.

7. Custard

Yes actually, my mothers sister is lesbian. c:

8. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a gay uncle, a lesbian step-cousin, a bisexual 2nd cousin, and a gay distant relative that lives in Brussels. He supposedly did most of the major legwork for my maternal family tree. I bet he'd be fun to meet.

9. Vesper

Not that I know of, but I have my suspicions about one or two of my cousins.

10. Zanich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just one uncle that I know of. I'm actually somewhat close to him and we talk frequently. Might be someone to talk to.

11. Hot Pink

I don't have anyone who's homosexual in my immediate familly--besides me. The closest relative I have that's LGBT is a cousin who's a lesbian. She's obviously my favorite cousin because she's cool and stuff. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. GayJay

My uncle is gay.
    He was married for years and has 2 kids before telling his wife.
    I have never met him before though, he doesn't want to be a part of the family, because of his embarrassment and my homophobic family.

13. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    not to my knowledge

14. Lewis

I have a gay cousin, gay uncle and a female relative that everyone just assumes is a lesbian. All on my mothers side of the family, which makes me wonder. I have no gay relatives on my dads side of the family.

15. Deaf Not Blind

:slight_smile: yeah, i am pretty positive my mother is gay, and i think my grandmother, her mom, was bisexual, and i feel i am transgender AND bisexual, so maybe it gets stronger or more complex or alters by other chemicals? anyways, my cousin was gay and died real young, and since his parents were so awful about it, i doubt anyone but me has the balls to be different.

16. Atticus

Everyone in my family is a "morally upright," alcoholic, conservative Christian, heterosexual human. Except my uncle who is the bee's knees but also straight. I'm the only one who is neither cis-gender nor straight. Plus, I'm the only vegetarian and the first of two atheists.

17. Michael0823

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My Dad is actually Gay, he married twice my Mom was his first marriage and my Step-Mom the second... He had a son in each marriage and after divorcing his second wife he came out... Even though he was Gay at the time I came out he was still the hardest person for me to tell I was Gay...​

18. GoogieHowser

GoogieHowser Guest

I had a married uncle who died of AIDS back in the 80s. He wasn't a heroin user so use your imagination as to how he got it. Other than that, I have a cousin who publicly identifies as lesbian.

19. shy

shy

I have a gay uncle who lives in Ecuador. He came out to "us" (me and my siblings) only 2 years ago. I had liked to know earlier, it may have helped me accepting but since I'm not out to my family I can't really blame him for waiting.

20. ilovecats

ilovecats Guest

My aunt has dated woman before, but I am unsure if she was just experimenting or if she isn't heterosexual. She had been in a straight marriage and had children, but got a divorce. After that she dated various people, both men and woman.

As far as I know, the rest of my close family is straight.