Do you get "hit-on" in public places?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kosygin, Aug 3, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    All the time by men they , just come up and start hitting on me One once told me they wanted to sleep with me on a train in front of a bunch of people .
    Men give me their phone numbers in public sometimes . I don't know how their so brave .

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not very often.

3. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Haha cx almost never I'm no "sexy beast" cx haha

4. Candace

I just get hit on because of my hair or my eyes. Nothing else besides that.

5. BornAnew

Yeah but more by women than men (funniest incident of this type was on the london underground lol). When it's by menits usually not ones I find attractive unfortunately :frowning2: , though once it was by a hot guy and I made the most of it lol.

6. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    not lately but older guys use to hit on me sort of flattering few girls have hit on me. one was a set up my cousin was testing see what I would do told her to go away ish

7. Gen

Gen

A fair amount of times, but it is always under the worst circumstances. For instance, there was a time that I was just recovering from a brutal virus and I was left with nothing to eat for the night. I threw on an oversized hoodie, shorts, and flip flops. Didn't even bother brushing my hair because I was too exhausted to care. So I'm standing red eyed and congested with mismatched clothes in this Subway instructing the the employee of the ingredients I want on my sandwich and he starts weaving this flirtatious dialogue in between the making of my order. I'm doing everything I can to smile and seem pleasant because literally I feel horrible. We both know I don't look my best. It had been a rough few days and this sandwich was all I needed in my life right now. Then I leave and never see them again.

This essentially sums up every single time I leave my house with the hope of not being noticed. Ironically, I never have that problem when I step outside feeling confident and amazing. :lol:

8. julianne

Not really. I've been catcalled a few times by men, but I'd call that harassment more than flirting, LOL. I once had a stranger use a cheesy pickup line on me.

Him: can you give me directions?
    Me: um...... To where?
    Him: to your heart?

I think that was more of a joke than an actual attempt though. Other than that, not often. When I am, it's always by men, which is a bit disappointing. I think I'm too feminine for most girls to think I would be interested :frowning2:

9. newfish

No, I look like a 12 year old. Note: that's not a statement about me feeling bad about it, it's just a fact.

#29 newfish, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  10. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Kind of a funny thing for me. I've never been able to tell when someone is flirting with me, my friends always tell me after the fact. There have been several occasions where I will be talking to a female either at a store or whatever and I notice they are very nice and ask me a lot of personal questions about job, school or whatever. My female friends usually tell me afterwards that said person was flirting with me. So I guess my answer is yes people hit on me in public, at least women do.

Men? No, I like in Oklahoma and no man would ever hit on me, let alone another male. I'm not attractive and I fit into the straight stereotype so It's not very likely that someone would think I am gay and proceed to flirt with me.

11. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nope. Too ugly.

12. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I have. Once was when this guy had my name saved and contacted me on Facebook, asking me to be with him while I had to be at a film shoot.

The other time was in Austria, where a couple of drunk German-speaking guys started hitting on me when I was moving with my crowd of people. One of them put his hand on my shoulder while I was walking, and didn't let go for quite some time (I was still walking). This all happened right in front of my mother, who now never shuts up about it.

13. Lipstick Leuger

Yes, all the time. I just got hit on at the library of all places! It's always by guys, because self respecting Butches would not be like that. They look, or hold open the door for me but usually that is all.

It bothers my wife more than it bothers me, I don't really care because I know who I am with.

14. laurenc

laurenc Guest

tbh I have never had someone hit on me in public ( however I have been hit on online)

15. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, sometimes, but not from who I want.

Sadly, I tend to get hit on by older women when I'm at a bar. Probably the most awkward moment of getting hit on was on my 21st Birthday. I was half drunk talking to some friends and my dad's GF's friend (who's like 51) walked up behind me and grabbed my waist. Even if I were straight, banging someone old enough to be my mom isn't all that appealing of an idea to me.

So yeah, I'm not much of a fan of bars.

16. BloodFlame

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've never been hit on before. However, I remember this one time when I went to a concert venue, some girl came up to me and told me her friend thought I was cute and gave me a slip of paper with her number on it lol. I didn't get to see who it was but it was funny and terrifying at the same time because that has never happened to me before.

But yeah other than that, never been hit on in person.

17. TurtleCat

Sometimes, by guys. Most of the time I just laugh it off. Thankfully I've never had a guy be truly forceful or creepy.

18. All the time, which makes no sense, because I'm not particularly attractive and apparently I look angry or miserable a lot.