1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you find it easy to shower in front of other people?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CodeForLife, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Meh, I'd prefer not to, but if necesarry/unavoidable I can handle it.
    For example, the last time I went to Japan, the hotel had only 2 private cubicles and 1 public bathroom. I did not want to waste time waiting for the public cubicles, so I showered in the communal room.
    Used to be scared to up till high school though.
    We were forced to shower during the final two years of elementary school, which meant most boys would jump under the shower for 5-10 secs and then wrap a towel around their middle.
    In high school we were technically suppsoed to shower, but none of the boys ever did. Can't speak for the girls of course.
    Deoderant served as 'showers' during those years.

The one thing I cannot do in public is use the bathroom. That is to say, I can't use urinals.

2. Garnet

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've never showered with anyone (just family when I was little)

Omg where I live, we don't shower after PE!

#22 Garnet, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  3. SpiritEnergy

4. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can do it now, but my comfort level is variable. No idea the exact "equation" (factors=comfort level). Number of others? Who they are? Position of the stars? Currently, the only communal showers I'm using are ones at a swimming pool. Sometimes I strip suit off in the shower, sometimes not. I usually do if I'm totally alone, or the locker room is reasonably quiet. But if there are a large number of others, particularly ones with suit on, I generally leave my suit on.

However, when changing, I almost always do strip down to zero--no tricks involving long shirts, towels, or toilet stalls.

The shower situation with maximum nudity was in the 1990s. I swam laps at a college pool, and when I left, there was a college team of some sort in the showers. The shower area was packed, and we were all nude.

Years back, however, I'd have died before showering with others. Technically, we were supposed to do it after junior high PE, but I weaseled my way out.

5. Jacko

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Lol. I took a shower once in my good friends shower when I was pretty drunk. I guess I passed out in there cause I woke up the next morning butt ass naked and my friends maid cleaning his bathroom. Most awkward encounter ever. 0/10 would not recommend.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

6. Sashafr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hate clothes.....I mostly don't wear a shirt but don't let that fool you....I'm a really hairy guy and if I get neked in front of other people I'm gonna feel like a bear......
    I don't even go to pools and stuff with public showers I just pat extra for like a private bathroom or make sure one of my friends has a place to use.....

7. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've heard of schools that have the separate stalls. But the problem is that it's probably viewed only practical if doing new construction, or major remodel job. I suspect otherwise it would be a very low priority.

One issue that might also be a concern: private stalls might open the door for a number of new problems. One boy could haul another into the stall to clobber him, curtain closed, and the teacher might not notice. I also wonder how many boys would take opportunity of curtained off stall to jerk off while showering.

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Could I? Yeah.

Would I enjoy it? Depends. If it's for something like, say, cleaning off after being really active, it's just something to keep from smelling. I'll get in, rinse, and get out.

It isn't that I wouldn't mind people looking -- I mean, look at this body -- but if everybody got to see me, it takes away the special sexiness. LOL. Also, I much prefer to bathe alone, as that is where I do a bit of thinking and reflecting.

#28 Kaiser, Aug 5, 2015
  9. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No. But I'm basically never in a situation that calls for it.

10. LiquidSwords

I shower in front of people at rugby, at work, at gym.. not really got an issue with it

11. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, just have to try and not stare overtly at people's junk. I play football on Sunday and shower in front of guys all the time. There was a time when seeing a nude guy would have gotten me all hot and bothered, but now I'm used it. A flaccid penis isn't really that great anyway (unless it's mine).

#31 imnotreallysure, Aug 5, 2015
  12. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My school was exactly like this. There were no individual showers either, everyone had to queue up and go into this narrow corridor where water sprayed you. It didn't help that it tended to alternate between hot and cold water. Bleh. I hated it, I was pretty embarrassed and body conscious. I'd love to say I got over it and I'm happy to wonder around naked these days but no... I'd hate it just as much now as I did then.

13. AJ56

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This. :roflmao:

But, seriously, I cannot do it. Way too self conscious. Heck, I can't even change in front of others. When I was in gym class, I always secluded myself from the other guys when I was changing.

14. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A lot of the time we had PE at the end of the day so we just went home in our PE kit, no need for showering.

15. OfTheKokiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ah I would not be comfortable. Showers at school were always individualized and even then they weren't mandatory after gym class. At the pool their was one big shower room but must people left their swimming trunks on.

Having said that, I am becoming more comfortable with my body.... just not THAT comfortable.

16. Boudicca

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Since living in Korea, I've become more comfortable with it. Public baths are a big thing here. And people stare at me because I'm a foreigner. It's also awkward when there are attractive girls there. I try hard not to look.

17. Foz

Foz Guest

It's not really a big deal for me, when I've been to music festivals there's always been communal showers which have no queue so several friends and cousins have seen me bollock naked. Also alcohol sometimes causes my clothes to disappear so I'm not really fussed :roflmao:

#37 Foz, Aug 5, 2015
  18. rudysteiner

I don't mind getting changed in front of someone, even if every layer has to come off, but I couldn't shower naked with someone/in front of people. Admittedly, I've been going to the gym for a few months now and have gone nowhere near the showers. I always wait till I get home.

19. Eiji

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't find it easy at all. I was traumatized when I was in elementary school. In fifth grade I was a little chubby, and I was bullied quite extensively in the locker room after PE. They even made a song about me that they sang. I can still recite it word for word.

20. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't mind at all, I played many sports and went camping a lot. You get used to it!