1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you feel more at ease after Marriage Equality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Schloss, Aug 19, 2015.

1. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No. Where I live, this kind of stuff was already accepted. The ones protesting against LGBT are in the clear minority and are shunned by the majority. Anyway, we don't care about what's going on in the states, for the most part. Still, you won't see me crossing the border anytime soon.

(Though, I'm glad you guys did it. It's just that the states are acting a bit like the whole world just legalized it.)

2. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    in a sense, NOPE. we may have won a battle, but we're still at "war". there's discrimination protection, blood donation, adoption for same sex couples, and a lot more to it. i'm glad that the option is there for me but i'm still not at ease.

i was talking to a guy the other day, who was also gay, and had this conversation to the point where he admitted that he didn't think gay men were ready to marry. it made me think about it for a while and it sort of make sense in a way. i'm pretty surprised that people say no here for different reasons. that puts me at ease haha.

3. HopefulRebecca

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I do feel like it was a sign of greater acceptance in the general LGBT community, but I can't guarantee it helps trans people that much.

4. CyanChachki

No, I never have. People seem to forget that all of it could be stripped away within seconds and we'd have to start all over again. The bigots and anti-gay people don't care how we feel. They don't care that we want acceptance and they never will. You can't let your guard down around them, not even once because they'll rip the carpet right out from under your feet and they won't feel even remotely bad about it.

5. journalshush

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel much more secure when I think about the country as a whole. However, I could (and would) be fired if I came out. So I guess it makes me feel like progress is coming.. We're moving in the right direction. I just wonder how long it will take for it to trickle over to me. (If you're wondering, I would be fired because I am a teacher at private Christian school, belonging to a denomination that does not approve of homosexuality)

6. Well, marriage equality has been legal in CA since 2013, so I'm not that happy about it. But still, it's great news that the U.S has legalized it nationwide.

Not sure if I feel like I'm more at ease, but I feel happier.

7. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not exactly at ease... I mean, maybe the LG and B have benefited, but we're on what, our 18th transgender murder? Marriage equality is a historic, very important milestone which I was looking forward too so much I cried in happiness when I found out about it, yet people who think our fight for equality is over are far from the truth. Lots more needs to be done before I feel secure in my rights.

8. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes - because straight people don't feel superior anymore.

9. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No, because now I will have to worry about anti homosexuality, anti transgender, anti different gender identity, and anti different gender expression chapels to replace clubs next year (I was looking forward to chess club).

Social norms are above the law.