1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you ever avoid something because of its subcultural connotations?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AlamoCity, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

Nothing beats their sausage egg and cheese bagel for breakfast. I almost always wear my bracelet, but when I go somewhere where there are a lot of elderly people, and I don't feel like defending myself that day, I leave it at home.

2. ginger cthulhu

I'm viewed as eccentric, quirky, etc. I'm heavily tatted and pierced, change my hair color like the wind changes direction, and my wardrobe dips their threads into every era (masculine and feminine) that I can obtain. I frequently mix styles, and dress for comfort. I have Asperger's Syndrome, and with that a Sensory Processing Disorder, so the majority of my exterior is hugely based upon that. Unfortunately, I very much dislike attention (especially socially/publicly), and expressing myself the way that I do garners quite a bit. I tried to dress socially appropriate, and it just made me a thousand times more miserable than the unwanted attention did. All in all, I stopped putting a metric ton of weight into others' opinions, and gave up on caring how my expressions were perceived.