Do you correct people who assume you are straight?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DrkRayne, Jan 15, 2014.

1. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Reading that just made my day!:lol:

---------- Post added 27th Jan 2014 at 07:27 PM ----------

Usually I don't correct anyone who assumes I'm straight. I'm out to almost anyone who asks, with the exception of my dad's family. I just don't like the millions of questions I get when telling someone I'm a lesbian.

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

It only really gets to be a problem when I'm around gay men but you can imagine it's a different sort of problem. :wink:

"No! I swear! I'm really queer, I'm not a girl!"

3. Wasp

Wasp Guest

idk but some people really hav no clue!
    i used to live in Japan and most people would assume or ecpect u to like a guy... it was stressful...

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Always. Because I think it's important. Mind you, I don't start preaching when somebody assumes. I just correct them - usually in a humorous way.

Example? Sure.

I was at a sporting event, and a local fire brigade was selling "cheesecake calendars" as a fund-raiser. I decided to buy one. When I did, the fireman behind the table said, "Would you like us to autograph it?" I said, "Sure." Then one of the other firemen asked, "Is this for your girlfriend?" I looked at him, smirked and said, "Sure - let's go with that." Everybody laughed, and I got my calendar. :slight_smile:

Lex