1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you believe in a gaydar?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by choni, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Eyerene

I think they exist, but I don't have a good eye to figure it out.

Being that I am the artist type, normally when I meet someone who could be gay I think to myself, "Hmmm, but what if they're just an artist?" Example: dyed hair and short eclectic hairstyles are common in artists but also wlw. And then sometimes a short hairstyle is popular for a while, up to the point where even some straight ladies have it, which complicates things.

Or maybe I just don't really know because I live in a small town and stay inside all the time. :icon_bigg

2. Eldrher

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My mum isn't gay but her gaydar is on point. My faydar is entirely broken.

3. Suomi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes I do somewhat.

Preconceptions, first impressions, profiling, body language, are a real thing. Having already a check list of things you would normally correlate to a queer person.

First impressions - When you first meet someone, you already have them mapped out. Their first impression gave you evidence they were a queer person.

Profiling - We always try to nitpick at people and analyze them even further. We don't second guess, we just assume. If we have reason to believe a person a queer because of this, we will.

Body language - This one is difficult at times. But if their body language gives you reason this person is queer based on your interactions with them, it might be enough evidence for you.

The only issue, is that all of the above can in most cases be incorrect, refuted and challenged. The end result comes up inconclusive and incorrect at times.

#43 Suomi, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017