1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do any of your family/friends know you have an EC account?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayNerd, Sep 14, 2013.

1. LinkLarkin

I've considered telling one friend (just the one), but I haven't actually seen anybody I go to university with since I joined EC so I haven't had the chance. I don't think I'd mention to anybody I know who's even vaguely LGBT to be honest, because I just like being able to be myself here without having to worry about censoring myself because somebody I know in real life could be reading. That probably sounds awful but I can't help but feel that way.

2. Kinger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No i havent it would be obvious that i was gay if i told them wouldnt it

3. Hrantou

I'm sure my mom has ran across this site since we share computers, but she's never brought it up. I also told one of my friends that I'm here but since he's not gay he didn't really care.

4. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nobody...

5. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nope. I don't tell anyone about what I do online unless I need to collaborate with them or I feel like I can/need to tell them. Otherwise, it's my business and they can go get on with theirs.

6. biggayguy

I mentioned it to a gay friend when I came out as gay. I don't know if he is here or not. I didn't tell him my username. He would recognize my tattoo and bear picture.

7. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I dont want them to say that this site is the reason I am gay (you all made me gay)
    so ... no

8. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

Nobody knows I am on here

9. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    as for me I think my father and brother who always in the house know cause apparently our PC is placed on the living room so they can see me browsing some stuff but don't make a big deal out of it. They perhaps think it was some kind of a social site like facebook, twitter and tumblr yet they don't know it is something more and that it's about lgbt's. And NO I'm not planning to tell them either. It was somehow felt good to have some privacy of what I do.

10. RocketMoose27

Nobody knows. Only I know, and I intend to keep it that way.
    *Looks both ways suspiciously*

11. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Hopefully not. Had a friend I tried to get onto EC but that's the only person who knows to my knowledge. I guard my account to death. Wouldn't run into issues using an LGBT site- problem is what I am on it. :wink:

12. RainbowMan

No one knows generally, but I have told a few people (mainly to refer them to the site). I don't view it as a huge deal, though.

13. Etak

My mother knows, and I think I may have mentioned to one of my friends. I'll probably end up directing one of my genderqueer friends to make an account.

14. AKTodd

Have told friends, family, and co-workers.

Todd

15. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't see the need. EC is also where I can be more free with the security of anonymity. I don't want to have my special place taken away from me by being known.

16. iHateThinking

I've mentioned it to my friends in passing, but it was simply just "I only really use two forums, a Let's Play Forum and this forum called Empty Closets." Needless to say, no one checked it out.

17. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    No, mostly because just by the sound of the title would probably lead them suspecting something, a man who happens to have ties to an LGBT forum and claims to be straight can sound a little... suspicious. Not that I have any problem with it (obviously) but people tend to draw conclusions.

18. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nope none of them know about EC (or any of the other gay forums i'm on for that matter)

Now some of the 'non gay' sites, yeah I've mentioned those...

19. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My sister does, cause I've brought it up before, and we're close so we talk about pretty much everything. I dunno, I just don't want anyone else knowing where they can find me, cause I post a lot of personal stuff on here and I don't want people being able to get at me and use it against me.

20. blueberrymuffin

EC is a great resource and if i come across someone online struggling with sexuality issues, i might direct them here. But in RL, no, i haven't yet told anyone and don't have any urge to. I try to keep online and offline life separate, but possibly i don't tell anyone because i talk of things on here that friends can't relate to. So EC fills a void in a way, i guess.

But i don't think EC is meant to serve as a "2nd closet" for anyone. They know i'm gay, and i don't tell them for the same reason i don't bring up my blog or other forums i visit. I just don't see the point and don't care to. That's just my preference though. If it helps you for others to know, go for it.