1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diet Pills

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Loras, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Loras

Just wondering if you think they work if you have tried them and how do they work?

I know everyone says there not the best way but a few months ago i lost almost 10kgs and now its starting to creep back on allready and i cant seem to lose more.

2. Bi As A Kite

I'm not really sure how they can work, but then I don't really know...I'd stick to eat less + walk more.

3. sanguine

well i like the idea of diet pills, i think people say they dont work because it doesnt really change the eating habits (why you sometimes dont see change), and people get addicted to diet pills also (which is a bad thing)

my brother is a personal trainer and obviously he is against diet pills, his answer is pretty generic when he says watch what you eat and doing fun exercise like riding a bike

4. Lark

Lark Guest

Pretty much all of the diet pills out there are scams. I think there are some prescribed ones that do work, but I'm not sure.

Right now, I've been going on my excersise bike every day in order to lose weight-that way I know what I'm doing is working!

5. KaraBulut

They can work but at the expense of a good night's sleep and feeling like you're strung out.

The theory is that your increase the calories you burn by increasing your metabolism. The pills will do that. Temporarily. Then when you stop taking them, your metabolism returns to normal and you usually gain all the weight back. For some people, the pills also make the person feel less hungry. But weight loss isn't just about the food.

Coincidentally, exercise does the same thing- it increases your metabolism. However, after you stop exercising the increased metabolic rate will continue for some time. And you don't get all the unhealthy side effects of diet pills.