1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you act on your best friend crush?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by oliolioli, Dec 7, 2015.

?

Did you act on the crush you had on your best friend?

1. Yes, I did

19 vote(s)
    22.1%
  2. No, I didn't

43 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Not yet

24 vote(s)
    27.9%
  1. GayOtaku

No, I didn't and I hate myself for it.

2. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    haha, no but I wish :slight_smile: If I had the opportunity I would've for sure..... and it would've been amazing :slight_smile:

3. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I dont have a crush on my best friend :slight_smile:

4. Oddsocks

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I did, and we've been together for 5 and a half years since! It turned out the feeling was mutual.

...Shame I'd not been sure about that at the time, that would have saved me a lot of embarrassing confession-rambling about how I hoped I wasn't screwing over our friendship forever.

5. GayPugs

I did. My girlfriend was like my best friend. I clicked no on the poll by accident (damn). :bang: When I get mad (even about little things) I'm like :tantrum: it's funny.

6. Animess

I have back a while ago! i am proud of myself for that but sadly a few things happened between us and we arent great friends anymore

7. BookWriter1994

No. It's because she is straight and is going out with a guy and I do not want to ruin our friendship...

8. UCantPianoATuna

Not quite best friend, but currently the person in question keeps telling me about her ex boyfriends. She seems pretty straight. Also, I'm a chicken. So we'll see.

9. ParrotBrat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hoo boy. I acted on my friend crush but only when I thought I was sure she felt the same. She did, and a lot more so. Since then I have been struggling with my sexual identity and wishing I hadn't acted on it until I was sure about what I'm attracted to. Now sometimes I doubt myself about liking women and I'm afraid of finding out I'm straight and hurting her. I wish I had experimented with no strings attached before pursuing a relationship, but it is what it is. She's understanding and has mentioned the possibility of a somewhat open relationship should I want to experiment. She's five years older than me (I'm barely into my 20s) and has fooled around with both men and women, whereas I've never even made out with anyone before. It changes, some days I'm over the moon about us, and other days I'm filled with regret, and guilty over feeling regret. I'm not in a place right now where I can explore and that stresses me out a lot. I guess my main worry is no matter how much I like her, it may come to pass that I'm actually straight. I'm so scared of hurting her, for any reason.

10. GenderSciFi

Never eveeerrrr. And since I'm a) not exactly monogamous-minded,b) but very inhibited c) and I pick very cute friends: make that the first-bestest friend, third- and sixth-best friend at the same time...:eusa_clap
    If I ever got anything done, it would a horribly tangled and stressful love life. That must be my comfort. :dry:

11. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My best friend is a gay guy but I have 2 close friends I have crushes on. I've been trying to blank out the first one I was into because I'm pretty sure she's straight whereas the other is bisexual and has been with several girls. I'm basically trying to wait for the moment when we both open up about or sexualities to each other, cos we've both been pretty cagey (basically everything I know about her sexuality has been hearsay and eavesdropping on her whispered conversations), and then see if I can start signalling. So I put not yet.

12. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    no, i didnt. in the first year of my course I met a guy from my high school again, being the only two from this highschool in the class we quickly became friends out of the necessity to have a familiar face in the class. little did he know i had by the january of the academic year become attracted to him (or at least conscious of the attraction) i wanted to hang out with him all the time during that year but after the first year we both got put in different classes so arnt as close...i miss that

13. oliolioli

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Wow, so great to hear so many different responses! Still undecided on my standpoint, though. Need to pay the Wizard of Oz a visit, and ask for some courage! :lol:

14. Boudicca

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I never had the "best friend crush", but I do have a crush on a girl I would consider a good friend. I had a crush on her before I really got to know her. I assumed she was straight so decided I just wanted to try to be friends with her. I succeeded in befriending her and found out she's actually gay. I'm not going to tell her I like her though because I don't want to make things awkward. I value her too much as a friend now. And I know she doesn't like me back, so there would be no point.

15. Goldangel455

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I recently have developed a small crush on one of my best friends. We both dance together and we are the only guys in senior company at our studio. I know he is straight as he doesn't act gay and has a girlfriend at the studio who is also a good friend of mine. I never really had an attraction to him before. I've always been a little competitive with him since he is the only boy my age at the studio. Recently though it's felt like a little switch went off in my brain where I don't feel competitive with him anymore. The boys do share a change room at the studio so I have seen him with his shirt off and he has developed some nice muscles. He also has a very nice butt for a guy that I sometimes catch myself admiring. I probably won't make a move because he is straight and he's been one of my best friends since I've at the studio and I value our friendship. I wouldn't want to weird him out or make him uncomfortable. He knows I'm gay and accepts it as he is generally a really supportive and accepting person. I told one of my other friends that i would kiss him if I could, but I wouldn't date him for obvious reasons.

16. SHIELDAgentAlex

No, because my best friend is a girl. My best male friend I've never thought about like that (he's bro, not bae), so no. The closest thing I can think of is my hot friend who's on the basketball team, and all I did about that was slap him on the arse and call him hot.

17. frxstrating

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello!

I know this thread is sort of done, but I was confused as to how you made a poll? I've been looking for a really long time but I can't seem to find it. Thank you!

18. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I surprised both of us when I got the guts to blatantly slip it into a text conversation, and we gave it a go for a few weeks. We're back to being friends for the moment, but it's both of our first year at the high school we currently go to, so who knows. We're definitely going to stay good friends, we may or may not eventually start dating again in the future. A guy can dream lol, but it's fine being friends too since we talk about almost everything.

19. Van

Van

I don't think I've ever had crushes on my best friends. :icon_redf Or friends in general.

Maybe because I don't have friends. :grin:

20. and323

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Crazy enough I never had crushes on my best friends. I've been roommates with my best friend of 8 years for 5 of those years now and out of the 8 years I've known her I've never felt romantic feelings for her. It'd just be weird for me :s.

My girlfriend currently is somebody who I was best friends with for a year before we started dating, although I knew she was gay already beforehand, and we had been "involved" with eachother randomly a bit during that time. So I guess in a way I acted on it? But not in the way the typical "admitting feelings to a bestfriend" would be.