1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Did shooter post sinister warning message on 4chan night before massacre at Oregon co

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by FootballFan101, Oct 1, 2015.

1. FootballFan101

Oregon college shooting message appeared on 4Chan the night before attack | Daily Mail Online

#1 FootballFan101, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  2. Psaurus918

Re: Did shooter post sinister warning message on 4chan night before massacre at Orego

It's possible. I read that people make posts like that regularly on 4Chan and people have idolized the Columbine shooters and make comments giving them props on YouTube all the time. Luckily a majority of the people are trolls or not mentally ill enough to carry out a shooting.

Everyone says an event like this is not the time to discuss gun control or mental illness but I disagree. These shootings are happening way too much and this IS the time to do something before it happens again.

3. Jalo

Jalo Guest

Re: Did shooter post sinister warning message on 4chan night before massacre at Orego

That's absolutely sick. I cannot believe some people are that messed up in the head.

4. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only

lol it's 4chan there's a 99.99999% chance of it being a troll.

5. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

Wouldn't be the first time it happened. Remember Robert Hawkins? The guy who shot up the Westroads Mall in Omaha, Nebraska back in 2007? He posted his suicide letter on 4chan before shooting up the place. A lot of moronic killers do it, so this isn't news to me.

6. Simple Thoughts

4chan is an anon space.

Anyone can be there and anyone can say anything they want. It wouldn't shock me if the shooter did post to 4chan.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Anybody expecting 4chan to be civil, obviously has not Internetted long.

8. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

4Chan gonna 4Chan

9. photoguy93

As I always say, the person who did the act is horrendous and disgusting - but sometimes, other people involved can be just as bad. Put everyone in a corner? Like..I just don't even know anymore. People are so messed up.

We need better gun laws and MUCH better mental health care. Yikes.

10. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Can these 4chan users be charged with anything for this? Just wondering from a legal perspective.

11. 741852963

I wondered the same thing, like as an accessory to murder?

In the UK yes, they could be charged with inciting hatred/violence or as counselling a crime. I believe the States have similar laws in place?

12. Molly1977

Just listened to some brain dead moron going on about the need for "rightious" people to carry guns in schools so "evil" people can be taken down if they start murdering people in a schools.

When are americans going to get their heads out of their ass's and realisise that the reason why people are being murdered with guns on a monthly basis is that people are carying guns in the first place.

As I have said before these mass murders do not happen in other countries as civilised people in Europe, Asia etc do not carry guns. Why are Americans so endlessly stupid, get rid of the outdated constitution and get rid of the guns. IT'S NOT DIFFICULT!!!

13. Lazuri

Yeah. "Nothing can be done to prevent this" says the one nation where this shit happens on a regular basis.

14. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

Saw Obama's press conference on this last night, that's probably the angriest he's ever been in public while in office

15. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Too many guns, too little regulation, too much madness.

I really hate how this country ignores the gun problem we have: Fuck the NRA, and all those stupid organizations that promote such stupid 'any idiot can buy a gun' BS. I can't stand them. May they rot in Hell, and slowly.

Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

#15 HuskyPup, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  16. Formality

That is the most disturbing shit I've read in a long time.

17. Charon

Charon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

I wonder which video game they're going to blame.

18. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

NBC news has reported that this story has been discredited. Police are still investigating as to who posted this and if they had anything to do with it, but they have determined that it was not posted by the shooter.

19. Im Hazel

Exactly. This stuff turns up all the while. 99% of the time "op doesn't deliver", but sometimes they do. I once saw a picture of screenshots from a 4chan thread. It was someone with a grenade. They took pictures of them with a timestamp, the last picture was of the grenade with the pin pulled out and them about to drop it into their toilet. The next picture was a news article with a picture of a blown-out house, and the estimated time of the explosion corresponded with the time of the posts. Also, I think the countries matched, because it was an older thread so ppl showed flags and stuff. I have no idea how legit it was, but this stuff happens. And I've seen more than just that one. There is some terrible terrible stuff on that website. Really, just saying "Imma shoot ppl up" is a crime in some countries. 4Chan's "rules" state "Trust nothing.", but really, if you are threatening to kill people, whether you are joking or not doesn't come into it. Anyway, that is another subject and I'm rambling and IDK why I'm even posting this TBH.
    Anyway, this is so so sad. :frowning2:

20. Molly1977

Roseburg, Oregon shootings: How common are such attacks? - BBC News

hope people can read thi slink to the bbc website but this is an example of how these things are reported in the UK. Mainly from the angle of why do Americans carry guns in the first place.

Glad the presedent Obama is actually trying to get things changed, he has done so much more than any other presedent has bothered to do. Hope people apreciate him and what he is trying to achieve for your country.