1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did anyone ever reply to a CL personals ad?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by apostrophied, Mar 22, 2014.

1. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Buying cars can be a mixed thing. There are some decent deals to be had. I bought one, once, and there were no problems.

But, I have been amazed at the junk that shows up at insane prices. I have never sold, but I have heard the horror stories of buyers trying to get everything for nothing.

One time, I was considering a car. The person selling it raved about how great it was, etc, etc, etc. I made an appointment to go and see it. And what I found--after going out of my way to get there--was that the car's tabs were long since expired. It had been sitting in a carport for several years. It still started, but who knows how well it would run? I left, wondering if the person really wanted to sell the car, wouldn't it make sense to cough up the money for tabs? Or else be honest about the situation in the ad, and price accordingly.

2. apostrophied

I don't understand why people buy new cars. My mom got a great car off Kijiji (kind of like CL) for 1.8k! In my mom's case though, car she bought was the only one she checked out and in was a match, so it sure worked out well. But yes, you have to watch out for people who want to rip you off. But as long as you ask the right questions, you limit your chances of hitting a lemon.

---------- Post added 23rd Mar 2014 at 03:37 PM ----------

Yeah, your standards are way too high, what were you thinking... :confused:

Lol jkjk. Yeah, there are some really messed up ads.

---------- Post added 23rd Mar 2014 at 03:40 PM ----------

Really? I get soooo many things off Craigslist and Kijiji and never dealt with anyone that looked shady. Maybe it depends on where you live. Also, it depends on what you're looking for, I guess.

I understand why you'd be hesitant for personals, obviously I kind of am, too.

3. C P

C P

Hmm...must be your area because, while I see 420, a lot of it has people who want to go to the movies with someone or lunch or something. It does seem like the m4f ads are the most listed.

Some of the more funny ads I've seen(though in the minority, to be fair) are this one woman saying she was feeling Mexican for lunch and wouldn't mind meeting someone but they'd have to treat and then another where this one girl was hoping to meet an older guy who wasn't broke(she even felt the need to toss in saying that she wasn't a golddigger. :lol: ).

Hell, I have even seen a few people in recent times who were looking for gay friends. A few were girls who were just looking I guess and one was a guy who said it'd be nice to have a (gay) guy friend he doesn't have that weird feeling around and feels more at ease being himself since most of his friends are straight).

This one girl even made a hilarious post about that last bit. She said something along the lines of 'I'd like to make a gay friend of the male variety'. <--- seriously? :roflmao:

So yeah, there are some people legitimately looking for new friends with sweet posts(new to the area, etc.) and then who have the entertaining posts like I just made mention of, haha.

4. thedudeabides

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've used it a few times and had no problems, but be SAFE, for the most part, met some really nice guys that were all still in the closet. Closets cases but not crazy, I live in a smaller community though so take that into consideration. As far as the stuff outside of the personals, no probs there.

5. setnyx

i answered an ad, she was looking for long term and so was i, turned out she had a husband and wanted a third. no mention of THAT in the ad. no thanks. also they SAY you can sell anything on craig's list but i got no takers on a used cemetery urn. lol crazy but true.

6. Juggalo

I've met some people on craigslist. Hell, the first peson I came out to I found when I posted an ad looking for a roommate, good friend now. As for sex through CL, I haven't messed with that yet. Tried a few times, either I chickened out or they were liars.