1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Detentions at school

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beware Of You, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I got detention for Truancy, not doing Homework, setting off Stink Bombs, not being able to do Decimals, having a Food Fight, not getting my Science Teachers Permission to leave School Premises, to name just a few :roflmao: & I was always on Daily Report & having to do Litter Picking Duties for not turning up with my PE Kit :badgrin:

2. LinkLarkin

I was a perfect little angel in high school. But the few detentions I did get I wriggled out of.

First was a whole class detention for being too loud one art lesson when we had a substitute teacher. And obviously the substitute teacher didn't have the authority to organise a whole class detention so it never happened.

Next was another whole class detention, which the PE teacher reneged on when he realised how stupid the concept was and just gave it to people who deserve it.

Third was a breaktime detention for forgetting my planner. My tutor let me off just for bothering to turn up.

Next was a lunchtime detention for talking in class. I got out of it by pointing out that I was talking because the other person was insulting our teacher. (Which was true, but it probably doesn't justify being a telltale. I didn't want to tarnish my perfect record though.)

Finally, the funniest, was an afterschool detention which warranted a proper card being written home to my parents and everything. This one was for "disruption" which amounted to being part of a small group of people having a vocal argument with another small group of people, during a PE class when we were quite isolated and obviously not disrupting anybody except each other. Sadly for this teacher, I was on a school trip to Paris and he sent the card home too late for me to explain to him why I wasn't going to turn up. (Being away was sad for me as well because apparently when my detention was announced in formroom my entire class gasped, I would have loved to see that!) When I got back this teacher just told me that we could forget about it since I'd been good for the rest of the year :grin:

3. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I got detention for not doing homework, forgetting my textbook/library books, chewing gum, and talking in class.

4. starfish

In high school I got 2 days detention for saying fuck. I got 2 extra days for saying well shit when I told about the detention.

I remember my teacher saying smart people like me don't use such language. I take it he never worked outside a school. In my experience smart swear even more.

5. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Let's just say I was known for my multitude of detentions, Thursday Night Schools, and In School Suspensions in Junior High :slight_smile:

6. TacoswithJuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was a good kid in Catholic school, I did all my homework, didn't cuss (audibly to the teacher), polite, blah blah blah...

I was in detention like A LOT because I talked in class. all class every class. I understood everything, ahead in my class, did all the work (mostly, minus maybe 2/3 assignments a semester total) but talking was a huge crime.

I told the teacher it wasn't my fault it was the Latino within me, he laughed and then gave me a detention for racist jokes.

Now in my private high school they don't have detention, for minor infractions it's nothing, medium you get locked in a room with the Dean of Students and are yelled at with Full Volume (he's a loud guy too) and then it goes to suspension then expulsion. Nobody has been expelled because they leave before they are expelled..

I am an angel at non-Catholic school :eusa_liar

7. rena

i can be extremely sarcastic, most people thought it was hilarious, i remember one time i got a detention because i was apparently being rude, because my teacher said who are you her mother i replied no im her wife! she found it funny

8. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My guess is something similar, but possibly a bit more violent. Hexagon could probably answer that, though XD

---------- Post added 4th Aug 2013 at 02:30 PM ----------

OH, NO! Who could ever entertain the idea of *gasp* Communication and collaboration in class?! Oh noes! Then the kids will actually start LEARNING stuff and saying they ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND THINGS! Hide your wives, people. Thish ish sherioush.

EVEN WORSE! Jokes in class! Humor that makes people LAUGH and have positive feelings! OH THE HUMANITY! Oh, wait. THERE IS NONE BECAUSE OF THIS!

People, these things matter. People talking and making jokes. They shouldn't be allowed. you know what?

#28 Jinkies, Aug 4, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  9. Dented

Me and a few others may have slightly started singing 'Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life' after being kept behind for about twenty minutes longer than the teacher had told us we'd be in for. Which, unsurprisingly, earned us another detention.

And of course quite a few others for talking and joking around. And one for throwing something at someone who'd been winding me up for the past year.

10. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^That is the best detention story I've ever heard.

11. Dented

It got even better when one guy tried to start up 'Like A Rolling Stone'.

12. Convoy

I've never really gotten detention or ISS/OSS. I was able to bum it off onto others and have them take the fall.

Once I ripped one and a teacher sent a kid across me to dentition for farting. I almost fell over laughing :roflmao:. They then tried to tell me that it wasn't funny, but I just wouldn't hear it.

Just to be warned about me, I'm a stand up guy but If you let me bum something onto you I will :lol:.

Who would even suspend a kid for farting anyways, it's not like it's really voluntary. Whatever, grade school was **** and I'm glad to be away from it. FREEDOM!and taxes !

13. Naren

I was given detention once because my teacher told me to put my laptop away, I took my time about it, he grabbed it, and I reflexively slapped him. I didn't have to serve it because he apparently wasn't allowed to randomly grab my stuff. He was also fired 3 months later :slight_smile:

14. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I've been in detention mainly for roughhousing or talking/passing notes during class. Subtle, trivial stuff.

I think the best one was when I threw my best friend into a drumkit while waiting in the bandroom for class to start, and I had to go to detention for a half-hour every day during lunch and my friend and I would start snickering about it while trying to remain quiet during detention. It'd turn into full blown laughter and we'd be threatened to be held back for an extra 10 minutes. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I also laughed once during an exam after remembering something my friend said, and she started laughing after me and we got sent out to sit in the hall. I have no idea why it was so hilarious. Seems like laughing was a crime at my middle school/high school.

15. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Reading this thread. I got away with a lot of stuff in High School. I guess I owe that to laid back teachers and a lazy (got fired) principle.

16. FreeFlow9917

Wait, i didnt get detention, but i got a pink slip for putting a booger on a girl in 5th grade.
    The rest of my school life, i punched a girl in sixth grade in the chest for accusing her of stealing my colgate wisps
    My kindergarden teacher took drugs and encouraged us that drugs were good

17. PeterPie

I got detention in year 9 because my art teacher kicked me out of class and told me not to come back until I "found my manners..."
    So... Me being who I am, screamed at the top of my lungs "MANNERS... OH MANNERS, WHERE ARE YOU BOY? OH MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNERSSSSSSSSSSSS."

She charged out of the classroom while everyone was laughing and gave me detention... >_> I didn't go...

18. One time I complained that my assigned partner didn't even pull his weight on the project we were working on. I did the harder part which was the 3 page essay and since he's more creative than me, he was supposed to build the model of a medieval castle. We got into a big argument in class because he did not finishing the project (it looked more like the Great Wall), and the biased teacher gave me detention and let him off with a warning and we both got a D.

One time I blurted out that my teacher (same one as the first paragraph) is a bitch and I got sent to detention.

Luckily, that was middle school and I didn't have to deal with her again.

19. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was *supposed* to have detention for a lot of things. But when you are one of the better students at a bad school, they cut you some slack. Most of the time when I was skipping class, I was either doing work for my off-campus class (I went to two schools in high school), or getting lunch because I forgot my packed lunch. Sometimes I would be talking to the principals too (We had 4 principals, most of them did not care because they knew I would make up the work.)

Other than that, I just got is some petty trouble because some people decided that they did not like me very much. I got beat up a lot...

20. Stripe101

I almost got detention because this stupid T.A. was in a bad mood. We were walking back from a fire drill and most people were talking. I know your not supposed to talk during a fire drill but we were almost back inside. Well this lady was one of those people who take the rules too seriously. She pulled me and 4 of my friends out of line and made us go to the vice principal's office. He didn't care but pretended to so the T.A. would stop complaining. He just let go but that crazy woman wanted to make us stay after school.