1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Destined to be straight...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PeterMcCormick, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Akatosh

Dude, you don't want to be gay because of what people have told you your whole life. The stories, the stereotypes, etc., it's all garbage, and hopefully you'll be able to see through that one day.

---------- Post added 23rd Jan 2013 at 06:58 AM ----------

Oh yeah.. Lack of athletic abilities? Hahahahaha.. Ha. You think all men in sports are straight? Do you not see how ripped and athletic some gay men are? You'll get through this phase of self-hate and you trying to control what's not yours to control.

---------- Post added 23rd Jan 2013 at 07:04 AM ----------

I'm not being as supportive as I should be. I'm giving you a hard time bc I've been through this before, and occasionally I feel it creep up. It's called inner homophobia, and its your mind's resistance to change. Change is hard, I have found. It leaves you feeling over sensitive, at times numb, in a surreal world of emotions that cannot be categorized or sorted through. You'll get there. Imagine it, and it will become reality. Seriously, do that last part. ALOT.

#21 Akatosh, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  2. Beachboi92

Being gay is just about who you want to be with. The way you talk, your mannerisms, etc are all just a natural part of who you are and are not necessarily related to your sexuality. Either way you have to act and be the person you are, do what comes natural. There is nothing wrong with your flame burning a little brighter so never be ashamed of how "gay" you think you are.

Stereotypes exist because they are different, as gay people the things that we do that are different get pointed out by the people around us and harped on. No one notices all the "not-gay" things gay people do or the "not-gay acting" gay people. I personally used to think I wanted to be a more "straight acting" individual but what I found is I am who I am and nothing is going to change that, be yourself, it is not worth all the stress that comes with trying to fight it.

In addition the way you act which you think is "to gay" is not a bad thing. I would recommend doing a little looking into feminist and queer theory it gives you a better understanding for how mainstream culture helps mind f*ck people into believing stereotypical heterosexual male characteristics are superior to others at the expense of other groups of people.

itsuka likes this.