1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Destined to be alone forever?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by mynameiseh, Apr 22, 2018.

1. mynameiseh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a 18 year old girl who's bisexual, but I really really prefer women. Right now I'm at that age where getting into relationships and sexual encounters is getting common. I would love to be a part of this, but I'm so afraid that I won't experience anything like that until I'm like 32.

So, I would prefer a girl, and girls who like girls don't grow on trees.
    I feel to self conscious to use dating apps (and also don't really like the idea of them, but I guess I could use them in the future as an desperate solution).
    I have a limited group of friend and don't know any lgbt people.
    We don't have real gay bars in my country (lgbt is accepted, but we still don't have it because "everyone is welcome everywhere, *sigh*".
    So where could I even meet a girl? And oh, let's not forget the best part, I'm also shy.
    I don't see how I could possibly meet someone. This honestly makes me feel like shit.
    Advice please?

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is my personal take on it, but when I feel like I’m going to be alone forever, or there won’t be anyone for me, it’s becuase I’m shifting too much of my focus towards something else. If I focus on my own life, personal goals, future career, buying my first vehicle, getting a place of my own, friends, etc then I rarely get those negative thoughts.

If I focus on what makes me happy, then feeling alone won’t happen as much.