1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desperately lonely and unhappy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ben35, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don’t even take dating apps that seriously anymore. I met my ex of 2.5 on an app, but that’s like a needle in a haystack. If anything, socializing and just meeting new people has been more enjoyable than looking for “the one”.

I definitely do want a partner to do many things with, but after the breakup, my life has becoming better and overall more enjoyable. There’s still ups and downs, sure, but there’s improvement, and that’s what I wanted. Now I’ll be looking for a relationship that will ADD to my life, not take away from it. However, I was only able to get into this mindset recently because I wanted to focus on myself and ensure I was properly taking care of myself, both physically and emotionally. This also included filling my spare time with other things like the gym.

It’s quite freeing to do what you want because you are in charge of your own life. Don’t rely on a relationship as your sole source of happiness, it’ll hurt you in the long run.

#21 Jax12, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018