1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depressed Dad

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Andstillimhere7, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My dad has been cheated on by my mom, but he chose to remain with her for unknown reasons. Lately he has been depressed and has been crying at night and not sleeping. Of course he's down after recent events. I suggest that he sees a psychologist for his problems but he refuses on the grounds that he's fine. I myself have been displaying withdrawing behaviors as I don't want to involve myself with the problem but the right thing to do would be comfort him but I can't seem to bring myself to it. I don't know what to do and my mom seems to be unsympathetic at times.

2. luna4919

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The best you can do is let him know you are there for him. Tell him its okay to be sad but you are there to talk about anything if he needs. Keep giving small helpful advice and support. You can't force him to seek help but keep letting him know you are there is the best I think you can do. If you ever get really concerned you can call emergency services or a help line. I hope things get better.

Amanda F likes this.