1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denial.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TinyBee, Dec 27, 2015.

1. TinyBee

I'm having a bit of a... Hard time.

I had an epiphany, that, i'm straying further away from any sort of female identity. (I'm DFAB)

I've gone from Female > Crossdressing girl > Genderfluid > Non-Binary.

I'm thinking it might be me slowly letting go of my previous female identity; and becoming more okay with not being female. I'm thinking about using the label "Demiboy", now. But i'm just... Scared. That eventually, i'm going to fully identify as male. I don't know why i'm scared.

But right now, in this moment, male feels right, and I'm scared of it. I don't want it to happen...

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think this is a common feeling, especially when you're first coming to terms with your gender identity.

There's so much all at once. Just take it slowly, and really think through everything. Don't feel the need to slap a label on anything if you aren't ready.

Don't be scared. In the end, you are you. Unique and immensely valuable - regardless of gender. Take pride in yourself, whether you be trans-male or another non-binary identity. Learn to love yourself regardless of what it takes to live truly and honestly, as yourself. I can't tell you how many times I pleaded for my identity 'not to happen' and that I would just "stay" female. But trying to wish away reality won't help anyone, but only lead to more confusion, pain, and probable regret.

Give yourself time and be strong. Let go of what needs letting go, and try new things to get a feel for what is right for you. I have the confidence that you will figure it out. When and as you do, we here at EC would love to accompany you on your journey.

#2 Kodo, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2015