1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating Your Best Friend

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by deliciouslysexy, May 8, 2007.

1. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would totally date a best friend--and have. Or certainly have dated a good friend. And I know for some people this seems to ruin their friendships but most of my good friends are people I've dated.

The whole point of finding someone to date is to find someone you like and are compatible with--like, say, a really good friend! Who would have thought?

It's so silly--because the people who I've talked to who are against dating good/best friends are just discriminating on the basis of how long they've known a person. If they had met them as a stranger and started dating them BEFORE coming friends with them, they'd be perfectly fine with it. But oh no... oh no! You might LOSE your friendship!

Well, frankly--if you have a really good friendship before you start dating someone and then after you aren't friends... it probably wasn't meant to last. Friendships come and go through people's lifetimes--the number of people that I, at least, have met who I would consider dating is very, very small--so I'm certainly not going to throw out any prospects because I *gasp* have befriended them. That would be ridiculous.

I always find it funny... people are always so focused on what they might lose and they never seem to give any thought to what they might gain--and consequently what they might miss gaining because they're afraid of the POSSIBILITY (not the certainty, the possibility) that they might lose a friend.

2. TeeBe

Good point.

But...what about dating a co-worker? There are some different logistics there. It's not like we really talk outside of work, coming out to her would be a little...akward and out of place, and I wouldn't want her to be creeped out and think that...I dunno, I'm sure that everyone can see where that could go.

My co worker is very attractive, and oddly, even my boss has made comments about us. But...We have never hung out outside of work, and she is probabily straight. Bah.
    Would you date a co worker?

3. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Co-workers are definitely a different kettle of fish--I think I would have to really be in to someone at work to consider dating them. Unless they worked in a different enough job/part of the building/unit, in which case I'd think it was fine.

But yeah, work is stressful enough without that set of relationships overlaying a romantic one.

4. TeeBe

The job is a crappy retail one (*hangs head in shame*) so I could easily get a new job if I had to. Or just quit, I have a couple others. I just wish I knew if she were into girls or not. I mean, if I had to pick "my type" of girl, she'd be it.

5. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So ask!

Yes, it really can be that simple.

But that's cool that you could switch jobs easily if you needed to. Takes some of the pressure off.

6. jman77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i liked one of my best girlfriends and we were about to go out but we decided along with the pressure of a billion others that we didnt want to ruin our friendship. but it was obvious that she still liked me for a while... i got over it in less then a week and went on lol

7. ahaha nice:lol: