1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating a Marijuana Smoker?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Krilky, Jun 18, 2013.

?

Would you date a pot smoker?

1. Never, I want to be with a law-abiding citizen.

38 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Only if I really really liked the person…

20 vote(s)
    18.7%
  3. It's a minor drawback but it wouldn't really stop me.

15 vote(s)
    14.0%
  4. I couldn't care less.

34 vote(s)
    31.8%
  1. I wouldn't date anybody who smokes, even if it's cigarettes, not in a million years.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me it isn't about legality. It's about attitude and mindset. I'm not interested in dating someone who needs to get drunk/high/stoned in order to have a good time. So, while I detest smoke of any sort, I'd equally object to pot brownies or whatever other edibles were there.

And as far as the health benefits argument goes... with very, very few exceptions (nausea control for chemo patients is about the only one I can think off offhand), all of the health benefits listed for weed... there's another natural alternative that works just as well or better, but doesn't get you high. So I'd choose another non-drug alternative if I had to address any of the issues that weed supposedly addresses.

3. MrMillion

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i smoke blunts everyday. If i found a girl that does it too, i think it would be a perfect match. I dated one before that i found at an online dating site and it was fun. We had alot of fun and we rarely argue.

4. Since weed is not a drug to me, I do not care. However, everything in excess is bad.

What does "marijuana smoker" even mean? lol... would you date a Beer drinker?...sigh

5. Aster Tataricus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't like smokers.

Would I date someone who smokes marijuana. Yeah, and only if they smoke at a considerate distance from me. HELL go smoke in your "man cave" >__<

I don't like it, nor do it for health reasons. I have weak lungs ... T_T

6. Foxface

be pretty hypocritical seeing as I have done it myself

Foxface

7. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not gonna happen, and here's why. I know people that smoke, and they are super nice people when they aren't high, but when they are it's a fucking train wreck to try to talk to them. I have a lot of emotional issues and I need someone that's going to be there and be coherent when I need them. It's too hard to deal with someone who just wants to get high all the time. :dry:

8. maverickhunter

More than breaking the law (I don't see what's really "wrong" there), I wouldn't date someone who would like risking their own health. I wouldn't like to know that he/she OD'd while making such reckless decision.

9. Foxface

what if you dated a smoker in moderation?

Foxface

---------- Post added 17th Jul 2013 at 11:47 PM ----------

it is exceptionally difficult to OD on THC. Bear in mind I am not saying I recommend smoking and driving but THC doesn't have the same OD effects as drugs like Heroin or PCP or Coke

Foxface

10. HeyAshley

considering the fact that i smoke on a daily basis, it'd be pretty hypocritical if my partner couldn't. i wouldn't mind at all.

DEALING marijuana, however, is another story. absolutely not.

---------- Post added 18th Jul 2013 at 12:49 AM ----------

i know a lot of people who smoke weed and when i say a lot, i mean a lot. weed doesn't take a train wreck of a person and turn them into the world's nicest. sounds like they're dealing with other drugs.

11. PurpleRain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't deal with the smoke either. The smell makes me gag and I don't want to be around it. I don't know I just can't deal with it. It's not that I dislike people that do it because I don't, I just couldn't date someone that did it.

12. Foxface

doesn't bother me...was just playing devil's advocate

Foxface

13. PurpleRain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No I said they're really nice when they are not under the influence. I mean they're still nice when they're on it, but it's impossible to talk to them it's like talking to someone who's asleep. You can't keep they're attention and when you try to talk about something serious they don't get it.

14. HeyAshley

lol i mean, i'm not saying that never happens. it does. but i rarely see anyone that out of it from smoking weed.

15. Abbra

I'm smoke weed on very rare occasions, so it would be hypocritical to expect my girl to be completely sober.

However, I draw the line at multiple times every day.

16. ArcaneVerse

You cant OD on pot.

I think the key is moderation. I'm all for the legalization of weed. Its way less harmful then other legal drugs, tobacco, booze and prescription drugs.

Most people I know who are regular smokers are friendly kind of people, even when they aren't high. Of course there are plenty of people who abuse it and themselves in the process but you can say that about anything, its not reason enough to demonize a substance that isn't all that dangerous or addictive.

I would date someone who smoked but only if they were responsible with it, if it started to get out of hand and they didn't want to change for our relationship then I would leave them but if they were willing to change then I'd help them.

As I see it we all use something to facilitate a good time, food, drink, friends, activities and venues. Pot and booze is just another factor that is perfectly fine to use as well, but again in moderation.

Medicinal uses is also an added bonus and sure there are other options but not all options work for everyone and most come with side effects that people don't want to deal with. I'm not saying pot should always be the go to drug, but no reason to not have it as an option.

17. sguyc

There are different levels of smokers and drug users. Would I date someone who smokes weed everyday? No. Would I date someone who occasionally hits a bowl a few times before going out to have fun or every once in awhile decides they wouldn't mind getting really really high? Yes, of course because I am a reasonable person. Am I smoker because I sometimes bum a cig from someone at a bar? Maybe to some people (not to me). Personally I would never date a "smoker" and yet I smoke every once in awhile. I don't think that is a contradictory stance.

Also they should legalize weed.

18. HeyAshley

hallelujah to that. :eusa_clap

19. lazyfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    (Depends on how much I love/like this person =>) I would date a marijuana smoker. My only problem with stoners is that:
    1. They will probably ask me to do it with them.
    2. They will not make choices that I would prefer.
    3. My friends would not associate themselves with my date/ my date's friends will probably come towards me and coax me into joining them.
    4. I would consider smoking weed for fun.

I've never dated and to date anyone I 'love' is something I want to try. If any of the 4 situations above ever happen (during the relationship), I would probably seek some 1 on 1 attention with my date or with someone else.

I believe that everyone deserves a second chance. If they don't agree or if things seem difficult to mend, then I will break ties.

I am very desperate and clingy so I'm not sure if any stoner would like it if I invaded their space 95% of the time while they are high. *^*

20. Jared

I couldn't do it, I don't care about the law but I find smoking to be a very disgusting habit and I dislike being around it. Also not a huge fan of drugs or alcohol, but alcohol doesn't bug me that much.