1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushing on the Same Sex

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by cgrumms, Feb 12, 2019.

1. cgrumms

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had crushes and do have crushes on people who I think might be straight. And they're my best friend. How do I figure out if they're LGBTQ+

2. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, the first good thing is that you're on the Central Coast (yay Arroyo Grande!) so the mere fact of being bi is not exactly earthshaking. (Not the Big One.) Now — brace yourself — they're probably straight. It happens so often. But... on the other side, they're your BFF so they already like you, like the kind of person you are, so the odds are better than just random. Do they know you are bi?

To get right to your question, you can do it the suggestive way, by wearing rainbow bracelets or such like, and see if they comment. Although that sort of outs you, might not be time for that yet. You could name-check some well-known (to you & her) lesbian athletes or celebrities. You could 'fess up to having a crush on one of those and see how she reacts. You could go all full monty and say that you like her, and you don't want to lose the bestie-ness that you have, but you just had to say that.

Or, lots of variations. I think the key point is: better to do something and learn, than nothing and just have regrets. And (I'm guessing) you're young. You are already ultra-sensitive to non-verbal signs and cues.

But actually, I hope some girls will chime in because what do I know about being a lesbian? (Ha, some from browsing EC.) Really I just know about liking girls.

3. cgrumms

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for replying! She knows that I'm bi but she hasn't made her sexuality clear. I'll probaly just keep my mouth shut and just see what happens. I hope we can talk more in the future!

beenthrdonetht likes this.
  4. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You're welcome, good luck with your "stealth" plan. I know that having a crush can be both the best and the worst at the same time! You don't sound too stressed though, anyway hang in there. Stay out of the rain. Don't step in the first puddle you see, etc. :slight_smile:

railey1117 likes this.