1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushing my best friend. HELP

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Appletree, May 25, 2023.

1. Appletree

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey there,
    I really somebody can help me with that one!
    Well, maybe I should start with saying that I'm 14 years old and lesbian.
    And sadly, I have a HUGE crush on my best female friend. She knows I'm lesbian.
    I don't know exactly when it started, maybe I've been into her for years already. When i go back in time, i always felt crazy about her eyes. We are cuddling a lot and that's part of the problem. Every time she touches my arm or layes her head on my shoulder I get heart attacks. And I really don't know how to deal with it. You shouldn't have this kind of feelings for your best friend. I feel like she has a right to know that I don't like her in a friendly way.
    She is more pro gay that most gay people are and even brought a penguin plush toy to school once. (They are known to be very gay and she simply loves plush toys)
    But she identifies as aro ace, even so she told me she could imagine being lesbian. So I'm still clinging to the hope of her loving me back although it's foolish.

If you managed to read the whole message and survived my bad english, you truely earn a medal .

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS:
    Big thanks to google translate, this wouldn't have been possible without you!:wink:

2. Wanderlost

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm afraid there is no easy way out of this one. The simplest solution is to find out from her if she would or could ever return her feelings. Most people are too afraid of ruining the friendship to take this risk, which is unfortunate because they are resigning themselves to months or years of mental and emotional anguish from just not knowing. I think you need closure here, one way or the other. Do not just remain in romantic limbo with her. You are young so there is still lots of time, you do not need to resolve this tomorrow or anything, but don't be that girl who spent her entire teen years pining over a best friend that could have been or never should have been.

mlansing and Appletree like this.
  3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey perhaps you could say to her something like ‘we have to stop cuddling this much otherwise I’ll start crushing on you’ or ‘if you keep cuddling me this much I’ll start thinking you are crushing on me’. In that way it can be a kind of jokey comment but with some truth behind it.

Appletree and A girl like this.
  4. mlansing

Tell her you like her. A good friend will stand by you even if they don’t return your feelings. If she doesn’t return your feelings and continues wanting to cuddle and be cutesy, you might want to distance yourself a bit and hang out with other people. Good luck!