1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush on Straight Best Friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by JohnXx, Jan 1, 2014.

1. JohnXx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met this guy about two years ago. He was on my bus and in some of my classes and we instantly became friends. I liked him, but i didnt really think much of it and I had other guys in my life at the time so it wasnt really an issue.

Over the past summer we started actually hanging out a lot and became really close. Its amazing how much we have in common, we like so many of the same things and never get bored when we hang out. By the time this year, 10th grade, started we were hanging out just about every day. He has known I'm gay from the beginning, although I'm not the stereotypical type. On the other hand, he claims to be straight, and a lot of the times he seems like he is. He recently had a girlfriend for over a year, but they never did more than make out. He comments on girls that are attractive and tells me about girls he likes.

However, he also seems gay for me a lot. We always cuddle and hug, and compliment the other. There have even been times when were on the couch and touch hands, I even started stroking his thigh once to test the waters and he didnt even flinch. All of my friends and even some of their parents have commented on how he seems gay for me, some have even thought we were dating.

With the way he acts towards me i would just think he likes me, but the way he talks about girls makes me think otherwise. Sometimes I make jokes about him having a thing for other guys and he will just say something like how he prefers a woman jokingly. Im really stuck here, I see him all the time and its getting so hard to control my feelings, especially when we have sleepovers or get drunk together. I need to know if theres a chance with him. But at the same time, even if i cant be with him romantically, i still need him as my best friend.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If he seems tolerant of you now, he should not be surprised if you tell him you like him. I think that's the best way to let him know what you think is happening in this situation while giving him the option to either say he's not into you or he does like you back. Tell him you don't want to ruin your friendship, but you can't keep it inside any longer.

3. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awww. That's really cute that you two are so close. Well, it's up to you if you want to tell him. You could just keep the friendship going and continue with the touching and see where it takes you.
    Most of all, treasure this close friendship; they're hard to come by :slight_smile:

4. Van

Van

I will suggest you talk to him and tell him how you feel. Or you can always jokingly ask him what he would do if you told him you liked him. From what you say, it seems that you two are very close, so yeah, just talk to him. :slight_smile:

I don't mean to judge, but...

You what?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120702011305/glee/images/6/6a/Really_seriously_WHAT.gif

You're 16, why would you get drunk?

5. JohnXx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dont really want to flat out tell him cause if I do theres no going back. I feel like it might be better to make a move of some sort that way if I get rejected I can play it off without it seeming like thats how I always think of him. I really do love how close we are and I dont wanna lose that.

And we get drunk occasionally, as does many of the 16 year olds I know...

6. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go ahead. Just be prepared for him to pull out...
    But yeah, maybe just slowly touching him or whatever works.