1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crossdreaming

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by darklord, Feb 6, 2014.

1. darklord

I'd just like to know whether crossdreamers are considered transgendered?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What's that when it's at home?

3. Summer Rose

nope...

Well, you can be both, but you don't have to be one to be the other, i.e, just because I want to be a woman, doe not mean I have to wear skirts and feminine shirts. On the other hand, someone who likes to dress in feminine clothes does not have to wish he were a woman (these situations also apply to FtMs and female crossdressers, obviously).

4. Evil Kitten

MrRedfox they said Crossdreamer not Crossdresser. From googling it seems to be people who are aroused by the idea of being the opposite sex so a non-gendered version of autogynephiles.

5. darklord

Thanks for explaining it Evil Kitten. That's what I meant. Basically imagining oneself as opposite sex in sexual fantasies. I suppose the term isn't really well-known...

6. Summer Rose

My apologies, I am teh dumb today and misread it :L

It's hard to say, but it really depends on how you feel outside of sexual fantasies; do you think you would like to identify as another gender? If you feel like you would be more comfortable being whatever gender you felt like at a given time, genderfluid might be a better label. Still, identify as whatever you wish, and don't let silly dumbs dumbs, like me, get you down if you don't have an answer :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol, I had a dream where I was a girl. And a fairly attractive one, at that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I don't think I'm trans though. Just have the occasional flashes of a feminine side I suppose.

8. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Strange... I don't think I do. It's just daytime activity usually.

9. darklord

Well, I wasn't only asking about this to know what I myself am. I already know I am not cisgendered. But I suppose some cisgendered people are crossdreamers too? Then again, I am not sure. If crossdressers aren't considered cisgendered even though they identify with their physical sex, I don't know why crossdreamers would be...

10. Yosia

I guess i could say i do this as i dream i am a girl in a girl x girl relationship :3

11. Evil Kitten

As far as I've seen crossdressers are cisgender and I know of cis people who do have dreams of being the opposite gender but never have any suggestion of being trans when awake.

12. darklord

Yeah, crossdreaming doesn't mean seeing dreams as in when sleeping. But it seems that also got mixed to discussion. :slight_smile: Crossdreaming means fantasizing that one does in a conscious awake state of mind...