1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crazy life decision

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lologrl, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Lologrl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi everyone
    I always remember liking girls but because of my catholic roots I believe I dismissed the actual meaning of what that meant. Fast forward I have been with a guy since senior year of high school (I'm 36 now) and have kids with him we have a date to get married next July. I am needing advice he has known I had an attraction to women but like most men I guess he just thought that was sexy. I just recently told him that I think I was just lesbian and that I was really wanting to cancel the wedding. I know it's my fault for having kids with him knowing I wasnt fully attracted to him but I do love him we have gone through a lot and he has been there for me. He wants to get married so the kids have a good foundation with 2 parents who live together. I dont want to ruin anyone's life. So I'm debating weather I just bury my feelings again and just continue what mess I got myself into or end it and try and start a new beginning. My children are still very young 1, 4, 5 any advice would be much appreciated thank you

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

It’s a decision that only you can make.

I was in a similar situation, and after much worrying and doubting, decided to leave. It was not an easy decision and it took me a long time to get there.

By leaving, you won’t necessarily ruin anyone’s life. If you stay, you run the risk of resentment building up, which won’t be a pleasant environment or a good example for your children. It is possible to co-parent well with the parents in separate households. If you stay, you will also be committing yourself to (what I assume) is unfulfilling relationship. Both your husband and yourself will also be denying yourselves to opportunity to find people that you are truly compatible with.

It a tough situation, but not that uncommon, so you’re not alone. Be kinder to yourself. You’re not at fault. You didn’t intend for this to happen.

Kayl, TheodoreAC, TJ and 1 other person like this.