1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couldn't get it hard

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by TheRedOne, Jul 23, 2016.

1. TheRedOne

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everyone, I'm new here but I decided to just try and lay out my 'problem' here...

So I met this really nice (and good-looking) guy online and we've seen each other a few times in the approximately 2 months that we've been talking. The last time we saw each other was at my house and we've had a few drinks because friends were also coming over that night.

After a fun night we decided to just go to bed (it was the first time we would be sleeping together). Well, *things* happened, and I very much enjoyed it but I just couldn't get my penis hard... Not even when he tried to give me a blowjob and not even when I jerked myself off while giving him one. I do like him though and enjoyed the feeling and all; I just wouldn't have done the things I did that night if I hadn't liked him so that is not the problem. Maybe I even liked him too much, as in that subconsciously I only truly wanted to cuddle and kiss, I don't know?

We figured it maybe was the alcohol but the next morning the same happened... I kind of had a bad feeling. I mean, I don't want to give the impression that he's not capable of turning me on. I feel like my penis should just be hard but it just wouldn't cooperate :dry:

I do however get turned on when I fantasize about what we have done and I can get off from that vision in my head. So that would mean that I do have sexual desires towards him and I just do not understand why at that moment itself my penis just stayed totally soft.

Well this was quite a long story. Right now I'm maybe just a little worried about what will happen the next time. Has anyone had this as well and maybe have some tips? I don't want to worry about it because that will probably result in another defeat.

Thanks for reading!

#1 TheRedOne, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  2. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You might have actually been too "excited" or nervous. It can happen, you are just so focused on getting it up, that it doesn't perform.

Only thing I can suggest is try and relax and not rush getting to attention.

3. White Knight

I am mostly agree with Shorthaul.

I also know that it is very common. Men should always be ready and willing for sex stereotype causes more stress over people who are facing that.

Probably you can find many medical articles about that topic on net. Like this Mayo Clinic article.