1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could she possibly be interested in me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by rainy30, Jun 18, 2018.

1. rainy30

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There’s a girl at work who started with my company about two months ago. We are in different office spaces, but we regularly cross paths. I have a sneaking suspicion that she might be gay (or bi). I don’t know her well at all, so I could be wrong, but I’m getting a vibe here.

Literally every time I walk past, or if I’m near her area, she turns to look at me and smiles shyly while holding eye contact (for a little too long). She stops what she’s doing and makes an effort to look at me. I’ve never had someone glance at me so much. If I’m near, I often see her look at me through my peripheral vision. More recently, she has started finding any opportunity to make a small conversation with me, even if it’s busy. It’s like she doesn’t want to miss a chance to start a conversation. She seems rather confident, and this has taken me by surprise a bit (as I am quiet/introverted). I’ve already embarrassed myself once by blushing way too hard during our last conversation.

I could be wrong - maybe she’s straight and is just a friendly/eager person. I see her talking to other colleagues a lot too. Yet, why is my gaydar going off? She is quite femme and actually reminds me too much of my ex-girlfriend (and I don’t really want to be reminded of her). However, if I start to feel the heat with this chick, I can’t say I’d necessarily refuse being a little bit naughty with her...

Opinions?

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If she is making an effort to make conversation, I would simply reciprocate and see how things go. At this stage you know next to nothing and only have a vibe, and that's all you will really ever have unless you engage with the small talk and try to get to know her better. It's gonna be a lot more embarrassing and awkward if you keep exchanging glances and gazes with each other from a distance. At least in conversation you have an excuse to look at the other person.

3. Mariana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You could keep having these conversations with her and then maybe at some point see if she wants to hang out outside of work - could be just as friends, just getting to know each other. That would give you an opportunity to have a longer conversation and maybe the topic of dating will come up. You could mention that you're into girls, if you're comfortable with that, and see how she reacts. Good luck!