1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coping With Dysphoria

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by EeyoreMac, Dec 9, 2017.

1. EeyoreMac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone! This is the first time I've ever joined a group or site like this so I'm not sure where to begin...

Well I'm a trans guy and I'm out to nearly everyone, and while I've socially transitioned I haven't begun anything medically, though I want to start hormones but am unable to do so right now. Lately, my insecurities about myself have dramatically increased with my body. I do use a binder, but I always worry my chest isn't flat enough. I hate my voice, and because of my job I have to talk a lot but it feels like every day it pitches higher. I work in a service job so I have to constantly interact with people and I'm always misgendered, more so lately than ever.

It just feels like the further in my transition I get, the more my Dysphoria increases; more impossible it seems to just be able to be perceived as I want to be. While I have people in my life who are supportive, I don't know anyone else who is trans or has transitioned, there's no local support groups, or properly trained/informed professionals. Everyone just tells me not to let others get to me, but it's not even other people - it's just me battling myself and feeling lost. And I'm not sure how to cope with it. I bind, occasionally pack, practice talking in a deeper voice, but nothing seems to help . Any advice or ideas? Or similar experiences? How do you guys deal with dysphoria?

2. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry about dysphoria. It sucks, I know. For me, I try to work on the small stuff, like my haircut, shaving my face to remove peach fuzz (men don't have this), making my eyebrows look thicker. I know you said that you are practicing talking in a deep voice, but there are apps out there made for trans people to see where your voice range is, so you can track your progress. There are YouTube videos of people telling tips on how to deepen your voice pre T.
    I don't currently have a binder and it's awful. I can not pass in public at all...
    I don't know, but one thing for me is that getting male glasses helps. I mean, I need glasses, but the glasses help divert my eyes from any feminine face features, and I feel a lot happier wearing my glasses than not, in terms of looks too.
    I hope you can get onto T soon though.