1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooking

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Paul_UK, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

As I'm sitting here eating a ready-meal that I have just heated up in the oven (which is close to the limits of my cooking ability), I was wondering whether you guys can do better.

If you were home alone for a few days, what would you eat? Would it be take-aways, or ready-meals, or would you (and can you) cook yourself a proper meal? If so, what is your speciality?

2. Micah

it tends to be a mixture for me. When my parents go away for a while, I might order pizza one night, heat up a meal another night, and if I can actually be bothered, make something simple such as spagetti...Although I can make a mean waffle...

3. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Well although my mom mostly cooks my meals (i'm 14 duh...still live in the same house) when she's working overtime/not home...i cook my own meals.. i'm guilty of every now and then being lazy and just shoving a pre-cooked meal in the oven/microwave, my economics do extend much father....i can make spegetthi & sauce from scratch as well as lasaugana (never could spell that right haha) and homemade soup. I'm a pretty good cook (if i do say so myself lol) i think i got it from my mom. My sister calls me Barry Crocker:tongue: haha

4. chrisg

Kyle, you certainly have quite the cooking repertoire!

I love to cook, and I guess I'm pretty good at it, but I always find myself without the sufficient ingredients. My habit is to start a recipe and then, halfway through, realize that I don't have spice ABC, vegetable XYZ, or mixer DEF. Oops.

5. imad

Heh, chrisg, it looks like your approach to cooking is similar to mine ;P... I love cooking, though I always have to send my father off to buy ingredients in the middle of a recipe.
    Many times when my friends come to my house and we run out of things to do, I teach them recipes, or I try new ones with them. I'm guessing they enjoy it too, because they keep returning :icon_mrgr .

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It's a shame I don't live near San Jose otherwise I'd be coming round for cookery lessons too! :slight_smile:

7. goratrix

oh... I don't cook very often... but when I do I actually like what I cook. It's usually something simple, although for the last two months I've been trying to get a friend to teach me how to make sushi

8. Chaos

I love cooking.

I make cakes, cookies, cinnamon rolls, spaghetti, other pastas, breads, casseroles, gulashes, and more. I always enjoy cooking for others. I get teased about making a great housewife for someone =(

I ALWAYS passed Home-Economics and I clean up a lot. Very.. home orientated. I work wonders in a kitchen more than working wonders with a lawnmower.

9. chrisg

I won the "Home Economics Award" at my middle school. I guess that should have been a clue...

10. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gulashes sound too much like "gulags"

*giggle*

11. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

You guys are really putting me to shame now... :icon_redf :confused:

12. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Wow looks like we got some great chefs in here...and Chaos...quite impressive...

13. I haven't actually made too much, but I've watched my parents do things over the years. I can very competently boil water, whoopdie doo......things I have seen done and could probably figure out on my own easily are browning meat, stir-fry type things, also I'm good at following directions and being anal. Yay for exactness! :grin: Anyway, my school break is just starting and today, for Chemistry, the teacher isn't allowed to have "parties," but part of the class was going to be missing (the class is a mix of grades, and one grade had a field trip) so we had to hand in a "lab" in which we "follow directions." Basically, we all had to bake something. Sadly enough, he is actually giving us a letter grade. Anyway, cutting off my ranting tendancies, I made chocolate cookies with no outside assistance, and they were really good (everyone said so, and I got an A+....and he was grading harshly, some kids got low B's and C's, and one kid, who he saw buying his baked thing, he gave a D).

My chem teacher is crazy, but to sum up that "essay," I've seen a ton of things, but haven't tried much of it on my own.