1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Conservative Fox News Contributor Comes Out

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Asexual Pirate, May 4, 2015.

1. LiquidSwords

^^basically :lol:

It's just like the Daily Mail in the UK have their token gay journalists to pull the paper's line because it gives their anti gay arguments greater credibility if they're coming from an actual gay. That he's prepared to be that guy makes him a pretty disgusting person, imo

2. ChameleonSoul

Congrats FOX! You finally have another token minority to make up for the bigotry that spills out of your mouths!

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Jeez guys you act like Fox is the most horrible news on earth. It equally sucks just like every news channel out there but despite all that i am kind of addicted to it. This guy is brave and I wish him well on fox and i respect those who are not at the far left or far right end of things.

4. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hating Fox is their only solution...

5. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Fox News deserves the bad rap that it gets. So does MSNBC. They are basically two sides of the same coin. Both rank low in fact-check statistics and both are exceedingly biased. There is bias in all news, but in Fox and MSNBC, it is often flagrant. There are better news sources out there besides those two.

#25 TENNYSON, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
  6. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    CNN usually gets ranked high in fact checking but goodness their anchors are so horrible. I swear if Erin Burnett, Don Lemon and Wolf Blitzer cover one more news story horribly...

I mainly use NPR, BBC, TYT Network and Al-Jazeera America for news stories as well as Mediaite and AddictingInfo

7. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The New York Times, The Washington Post, BBC, & NPR are my main 'news' sources, and then, I skim through Slate and Salon for commentary.

Fox is horrid in how it treats minorities: Gays, Hispanics, transgender...it's the channel for old, white, Christian males, who feel 'victimized' by gays and everyone else. I've never seen such an overtly xenophobic 'news' outlet.

8. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    CNN does have some bad anchors, but I like Anderson Cooper :slight_smile:

BBC, NPR, New York Times, and The New Yorker are my main news sources. The New Yorker more for analysis.

9. Asexual Pirate

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I find him aesthetically pleasing.

On another note, I don't care for Fox New, MSNBC, or CNN because of the over-the-top bias or the horrible anchors. I mainly get my news from BBC, NPR, the Telegraph (lived in England for a while and the lady next door always let me read her copy), and the Washington Post. However, I do really love watching Megyn Kelly rip into people :slight_smile:

10. Ashleigh16

I don't care why. I'm just glad to have another out conservative especially as I move towards 2016

---------- Post added 6th May 2015 at 01:38 AM ----------

Ok I do find that funny even though I've worked for both. (currently working for Bem Carson). I mean they sound ridiculous. I told Ben Carson's campaign coordinator the other day to tell him to please watch what he says. I spoke with the Cruz campaign a out this also. It's ridiculous

11. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Working for Ben Carson? And Ted Cruz? Among the most homophobic candidates running?

Be sure to tell them more than just 'watch what they say'...maybe suggest they change their hateful views, and work towards equality, and not against it. But seriously,telling them to watch what they say, even as they hold such discriminatory views? That sounds plain-out-deceitful.

Both of them have said a LOT of hateful things; it's amazing to me that anyone LGBT, and more especially Christian, could work for them in good conscience.

12. yayforthelgbt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Very. He's extremely attractive to me, although I don't agree with his political views.

13. Ashleigh16

When the opportune time comes and I am in a situation to talk to them without risking outing myself in front of friends/family I intend to. And with the exception of LGBT issues their views line up strictly with mine. Like almost identical. I'm a conservative Christian who is pro life supportive of 2nd amendment rights, a fiscal conservative, I believe in smaller government so I don't really have another choice

14. LiquidSwords

What does this even mean man

15. womaninamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There used to be a conservative Republican gay man who had a radio show here in Los Angeles. He didn't seem to talk much about being gay though, probably because he knew his main audience was conservatives. Anyway I'm not terribly surprised that there are gay conservatives so this doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

(He's good looking in a kind of plastic way, but just the fact that he works for FOX news makes me want to dislike him. It's not a hatred for conservatives, it's just that FOX news in particular makes my skin crawl.)

16. Kat 5

They'll catch up to you eventually.

17. antibinary

Proof that being gay doesn't mean you're sensible.

18. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I could understand (I still wouldn't agree, but I'd understand the reasoning) calling him "self-hating" or "being tokenistic" if he was opposed to gay rights, but he... isn't. In fact, I actually agree with Guy Benson's points in the interview. In any case, though, I'm glad that he isn't getting too much backlash for his sexuality or politics. :slight_smile: Nobody should be forced to believe a certain ideology because of something that they were born with.

To be completely honest, though, I don't like FOX, CNN or MSNBC; they're all pretty biased. (Remember CNN's coverage of "Bad Apple"? There's so much wrong with it that I don't even know where to start!)

19. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

My friend's uncle makes beanies with sayings on them. Two that he offers are "Wild Conservative" & "So Gay". All I wanna see before I die is this Fox guy peel back his "Wild Conservative" beanie to reveal "So Gay".

20. Notlad

Probably a political move but kudos to him for going through with it. Probably tough to still be a part of a political party that probably has a negative opinion of him.