1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Congress throws gay couples under the bus in immigration reform

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Rakkaus, May 22, 2013.

1. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Sen. Patrick Leahy Withdraws Amendment To Include Gay Couples In Immigration Reform Bill
    “I don’t want to be the senator who asks Americans to choose between the love of their life and the love of their country,” Leahy says. Four Democrats on the committee said they would not support the amendment.

Disgusting, the Republicans are successfully driving a wedge between groups (LGBTQ and immigration activists) who have been working together on common issues for years.

And while this is to be expected from the Republicans, the cowardly reactions of Democrats opposing this amendment, like Chuck Schumer, Dianne Feinstein, Dick Durbin, Al Franken, are nothing short of disgraceful. They should be primaried and booted from office. Fuck them.

Good for Senator Pat Leahy, Democrat of Vermont, for being the one true voice of support for the LGBTQ community on this issue.

Here was Senator Leahy's statement upon introducing these amendments:

[​IMG]

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Democrats have a huge pussilanimity problem right now. This is why I pretty much hate them and the US Left (to the extent it exists) in general...

3. Emberstone

holding the majority doesnt matter anymore, because even when republicans are the minority in the senete, they still play every dirty trick in the book so they can continue their assfucking of america and the world.

the dems are basically forced to water down legislation just to get votes taken. and all this time, we are still waiting for the republicans to put forward their jobs bill.

4. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

The Dems don't deserve to be defended on this, this is a civil rights matter, they should have taken a stand, and forced the Republicans to show their hand and actually try to torpedo immigration reform over letting gay couples share in equal rights. Then watch as their support among both Hispanics and LGBTQs drops from the 20% range into the single digits. Instead the Dems play right into GOP hands and let them dictate the terms of the debate.

Seriously, this is 2013, and we are still passing new pieces of 'progressive' legislation with institutionalized bigotry built-in?

Gay rights activists and immigration rights activists have been working in hand to advance both causes, this is a major stab in the back by the Democrap party.

I sure as hell will not vote to re-elect this scum Chuck Schumer next time he is up for re-election, I'm proud to say I voted against him in 2010, even though the zombie voters of NY will keep re-electing him with 666% support until he dies.

5. Emberstone

so basically what you are saying is you want republicans to win, and nothing to get done in congress?

6. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Oh yeah that's exactly what I said. :rolleyes:

7. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

By the way, would the green party be considered left by international standards?

8. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Well the Green Party is definitely much more in line with the global left than the Democratic Party is.

Remember in the last election, the Republican and Democratic candidates had only a negligible amount of difference between them, both clearly on the political right. Green Party candidate Jill Stein was on the complete opposite side of the spectrum of both Obama and Romney.

[​IMG]