1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused :/

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DuhitsNick, Mar 14, 2022.

1. DuhitsNick

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello everyone,

So, I started recently thinking about my life in general and I started thinking wait could I be Gender Fluid. Reason being is that in video games where you can talk to others like avatars and such. I have created a female but outside of the game I am a dude but I have just now started thinking about this and this has been something that just recently came into my head since I know a friend of mine grave me a girl sweater and also a shirt that you can tie in the back. I legit am so confused and lost right now. I have not came out as gender fluid to anyone since I just started thinking about this.

2. Alex2

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Based on what you've described, it's hard to tell for sure if you're gender-fluid or not. It seems like you could have some sort of non-binary gender identity since you have both a masculine and feminine side, but this isn't my place to say. There's only one person in this world who can tell you what your gender is, and that's you. That being said, by no means do you have to find a perfect label before you start acting as your authentic self. Instead of focusing on finding a label, focus on finding a name, pronoun set, and gender expression that you feel comfortable with. This might mean being a girl online and a guy in the real world, expressing yourself androgynously, changing your gender expression constantly to fit your mood, or anything else - whatever works best for you. And there's no rush - come out when you feel ready. If you just started thinking about this recently, it's probably best to wait for a little while to make sure you're certain about this - as although coming out is extremely liberating, it can also be risky, and it's best not to take unnecessary risks unless you're sure that the reward is worth it.

Anyway, I hope this advice helped and will continue to help you. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions - I've been in your shoes, so I understand how confusing and crazy this process feels. Good luck:slight_smile:

DuhitsNick and DragonChaser like this.
  3. DragonChaser

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am outspoken in my wholehearted agreement with Alex. All I would add is take things a step at a time. Consider what you like and try each step piecemeal; try new pieces of outfits you like to think about, imagine calling yourself a new name, experiment with new pronounces, maybe apply a bit of make up like some lipstick or mascara. Just a little touch of something new each day. See how it feels.

I only repeat it because it's so important; focus on finding you and worry about the labels when you figured the whole picture out. For most of my life I called myself a bisexual cross-dresser, because I didn't know the full picture. Now, that label is so inadequate, I feel almost silly using it, let alone for more than a decade. Perhaps we're all better off without them, and better off just being ourselves, eh?

Hugs, darling! :smile_cat:

DuhitsNick and Alex2 like this.
  4. DuhitsNick

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah see for me I haven't thought about a female name, I have thought of so many guy names since yeah my name is Nicholas but for me I have been thinking hmm I do like the name Zackary and so many other names I have been trying to express it with just clothing so far but I know I have came out as a gay man just its been hard nonstop to think about a name but more so how to identify I guess the right term would be I think.

DragonChaser likes this.
  5. DragonChaser

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's perfectly okay, Nicholas! Or Zackary. Or Javrick or Mason or Claus or Steven or Marvin or Jerry or Joe. Whatever you like! There's no guide book, it's all about what feels right to you. So I'd say you're on the right track personally, you just need a little assurance you're not some weird, outlier case based on what little society has revealed to you on the subject, right? If I'm not, forgive me, but that seems to be the case.

Well, good news, you're not strange at all! If you've never heard of them, there are many non-binary people; in fact, I hold a pet theory most people are, [nature...] but traditionalist cultural values do not permit them to explore their natural feelings social [vs. nuture]. Even as a transwoman, I hold many non-binary characteristics myself!

I'll say it again, because it needs to be said; it's about finding you! So just do what feels right to you, and you're doing everything perfectly, dear! No restrictions; just be you! :smiley_cat:

So, if male names and female pronouns suit you, do that! I'm afraid to say the world may not be the most receptive to it, but most people will respect you for having the courage to accept yourself.

I
    will respect you, my sister/brother/other, no matter what your name is! Hugs and good vibes, sweetie! :smile_cat:

Alex2 and DuhitsNick like this.
  6. DuhitsNick

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

DragonChaser likes this.