1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Topher93, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Topher93

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi... I'm just confused I guess. I feel like some days I know exactly who I am and others I wonder if it would be easier/better to deny how I feel. I have no idea how I'd tell any of my family that I wanted to transition. My mother always used to talk about my cousin who dressed tomboyish and would always comment on how weird she thought it was. I'm afraid to start changing myself and then realize that it was the wrong choice. And the patronizing way my relatives talk about anyone in the LGBTQA community makes me wonder if it's worth the struggle. (They're not terrible homophobic people, they just don't know how to act and end up being offensive.) So I just really needed to rant... Thanks for listening.:grin:

2. RalphHenry

RalphHenry Guest

Oh my gosh, I relate to this post so much that you might be my long lost twin! I feel pretty secure as trans though, it's just the negativity about it that makes me so unsure of myself sometimes. Once you figure things out and tell yourself it won't matter what others say. Yes, it always will bother you, but when you realize your happiness being who you are overrides the negativity everything gets better. The most important step is to first come out to yourself.

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look at this:
    Am I Transgender or Transsexual - Teens Wonder Am I Transgender or Transsexual
    and this:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anony.../147192-transitioning-where-do-i-start.html#4

The tg spectrum goes i.e. from people living with almost androgynous appearance, to styling more like the preferred gender, to taking hormones, etc.
    Of course the list is not all possible options.
    It's up to you to collect further information...
    You might also for example talk to a gender therapist or someone from an lgbt center, if that's what you want.

I would do things I'm comfortable with, don't feel pressured to do something... its your decision...
    There is no only one right way to do this.
    Its your choice what you want to do...

4. Topher93

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks! I will definitely check out those links