1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by stacydianna, Nov 3, 2007.

1. stacydianna

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am transgenered and still am unsure of myself. I'm not sure how to present myself to others and how to relate to them. Things are still confusing for me.

2. Zec24

I'm sorry, I don't really have any good advice, but I guess just act the way you feel most comfortable with? Usually if people perceive you to be comfortable with the way you are, they will follow suit. I'm sorry if that didn't help.

3. waitingsucks

well it might be hard to explain it 2 ppl. but tell them who you are inside and who ur attracted to physically. I think that that if u want to find a certain group 2 relate 2 it would be other transgendered people or people who are attracted to the same ppl u are. I don't really know how exactly ur confused. r u confused who ur attracted to, or do u not know ur orientation because u don't know if ur gay or straight from a certain gender perspective?

4. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can understand that it woudn't be easy trying to determine what to do. Have you tried contacting any GLBT support groups? That way you could speak to a counsellor and talk about any issues that you are having with self representation and social interaction. They might also have information on any transgender support groups you could go to. I have recently joined a lesbian support group, and although I am the youngest person (the rest are mid 30's +), I find their knowledge & experiences quite interesting.

I think interacting with other people who are/ have been in a similar situation is really helpful. You are less likely to feel judged or embarrassed because they would relate to what you are going through.

I would suggest that you present yourself whichever way you feel most comfortable with. I know it's a harder situation for yourself because there are people out there who don't understand anything other than 'hetero' lifestyles. But I personally feel that they can get $#*@ because they wouldn't change their lifestyle to suit me, so why the hell should we change for them?

Sorry I got a bit carried away there but I really hate knowing that reactions from society are a main cause of our stress and uncertainty. Everyone should be free and comfortable to express who they are without fear of backlash, criticism or rejection. :tantrum:

5. Ashabi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    All I can really suggest is be yourself. Be very open and honest about who you are. If people still like you, fine. If not, that's their problem.
    However, there's a difference between being honest with yourself and others about who you are, and shoving who you are in their faces and being defensive about it.

All I can suggest is mix with a wide group of people, be a good friend, and then when it comes to romance, hopefully you'll have a good foundation for good communications.