1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused. Am i trans or a crossdresser

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ConfusedSailor, Feb 27, 2023.

1. ConfusedSailor

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello Al. For my entire life i have loved dressing in girls and now women's clothes. I love the feeling. I love to be feminine but these feeling come and go it seems. Si this normal? Am i trans? so confused.

2. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The term transgender is an umbrella term for variety of different trans identities, like non-binary and so on, so you can't tell just based on what you like to wear. Gender expression differs from gender identity and we all are unique.

Clothes have nothing to do with being transgender, because it's just a piece of clothing, it depends on how you feel inside. Is there something that does not match? Do you dislike your body parts? And so on. Take time to look deep into you and take baby steps to figure things out and you will figure it out.

3. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi ConfusedSailor - only you can decide what you are. As Rayland mentioned, I guess the difference comes down to body parts. Would you like to have breasts and a vagina? If you would, then you're definitely trans.

In my case, for years I assumed I was just somebody with a 'penchant for cross dressing'. I was fooling myself. It took 2020, a major trauma in my own life and Covid before I was ready and able to face up to who I really am.

Beth x

4. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wanted to add an explanation. Even though clothing don't show it, then I think it's something that can help you express how you wish to be preceived by the others around. You can also ask yourself, if you wear the clothes just because you like them and it's your preferance or is there something more to it. Is there something that don't just match. I had my own issues with clothing, because I thought I'm not a man enough, if I wear feminine things too, but this wasn't something that made me realize. Everyone are unique. Every experience is unique. Even, if you are a man, then you can still like feminine clothing or if you're a female you can like more masculine clothing. Neither one makes you be less of a man or less of a female, which is why I'm saying that clothing don't define you.