1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rainshad59, Jun 15, 2018.

1. rainshad59

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Okay, so I need a bit of help on this...
    I have decided that I will start my coming out journey so that I can come in terms with my sexuality.
    As many of you know, I live in a pretty conservative area, so if I decide at some point in the future to choose a 'gay' lifestyle, then I'll probably move out to a more liberal place.
    For now, people in my life are not really aware of the situation, I don't act gay at ALL . I do talk about homosexuality sometimes and people get suspicious, but then I start talking about my crushes to distract them, like I'm a straight guy *hmph*
    As for my friends, I've got only a few; I'm pretty much an introvert. My male best friend won't definitely accept me and find me a creep, which is bad. My female best friend is conservative and religious, so she won't get it too. As for my family, my dad will gradually get it because he's liberal and open-minded, but he hates effeminacy so he won't get it instantly . My mom is religious, so she will have a very hard time to deal with all of this (which is what I hate).
    Which gets me to one person : My brother.
    If I wanted to start coming out, he'd be the first person. He's agnostic, he isn't homophobic at all (unlike me lol), and he's pretty much open-minded, and we do have a very good relationship.
    I don't when I will come out to him, but I guess I should write him some sort of a text explaning all this so he can understand,athough this will create some sort of awkward tension between me and him.

Anyways, so what do you guys think I should include in this letter?
    For what I know, he accepts homosexuality but he doesn't have a strong opinion about it, I want him to understand my struggles so he won't react negatively...
    And also, I want to come out to him so this sexuality of mine won't be stuck only in my mind, it has been bothering me and I want to get some help, and I think he'd make a good help......

#1 rainshad59, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    rainshad59.....There are some sample coming out letters here on empty closets. Go back to the login page....at the top there are links...click on "Resources". You'll see "Coming Out Letters" on the left of the screen. I hope that some of those letters will help you decide what to put on your letters!
    .....David :gay_Pride_flag: