1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by UG Scorpio, Oct 10, 2013.

1. UG Scorpio

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    hi all I am 15 and bisexual but feel scared coming out to everyone the only person that knows is my straight best friend and that's it. do I come out and do stay hiding or what its just I feel people will pick on me if I do? someone please help me :help:

2. LILuke

You're still pretty young, you don't need to come out just yet if you are not one hundred percent ready to do so. People are getting more and more accepting, so maybe a good idea would be to bring up some kind of LGBT issue in front of someone you were planning on coming out to in order to somewhat gauge their opinion on the matter? That would give you a better idea of whether or not to proceed.

3. laut

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think at 15 the biggest concern is what happens if your parents know. Would telling more friends risk one of them telling your parents for you?

You don't have to tell everyone, you could keep it to a few choice people - but choose them carefully to minimise the risk one of them will blab.

It's ok to stay in the closet if there's going to be negative effects for you.

4. Soddit

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just stay calm and don't stress over it. You're still young and kids can be cruel. Come out when you're ready and confident.

5. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    I think its great that you are considering coming out! I am 14 and openly pan so you are definitely not too young, there isnt really a right coming out age. I will tell you that coming out at a younger age does make adults (especially family) judge you harsher. If you are not ready to be openly bi, I would at least recommend telling one (non-family) adult that you are 100% sure will be accepting. This way when you do come out you have a responsible adult to watch over you. Best of luck

xoxo
    imsoconfused

6. UG Scorpio

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    thanks for all your thoughts guys