1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out To Siblings?¿

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pholidota, Apr 12, 2018.

1. pholidota

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    alrighty o’ so my dad left a few months ago which finally let me come out as a lesbian to my mother. my mom is heckin dope and she took it really well and things are gucci™️ between us. i live with her, my two older brothers, my uncle, and my grandma. while i don’t think i’ll be coming out to my uncle or grandma for quite some time, i’ve been thinking more and more on how i want to come out to my brothers. i’m not sure how they’ll take. one of them is extremely homophobic, but he often makes off color remarks because he knows it makes me mad. my other brother is also homophobic, just to a lesser degree. this doesn’t sound inspiring lmao. i like to think we’re all kinda close and that even though they wouldn’t be very supportive at first, they wouldn’t say anything soul shattering or anything extremely awful. that could just be wishful thinking. there’s no way to sprinkle in little lgbt+ positivity before telling them because it really just wouldn’t mean anything to them at this point. any thoughts or opinions or advice is greatly appreciated!

2. Adrianna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hi , okay so i'm just gonna jump in with some advice you know. so i came out to my sister first, not knowing her views on the LGBT community, but she was surprisingly very accepting. and honestly family is the one thing i was scared about but siblings are honestly in my opinion good to talk to , mostly boys (assuming they're both straight). i think you should just go for it girl! i know you might be nervous but hey , if you plan on marrying anytime soon they will eventually find out and if it were me i'd want it to be by me and not by another family member . they're your brothers and even if they are homophobic you just have to educate them . i hope this helped in anyway , sorry i'm not too good with it . but i hope all goes well !