1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to religious parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DinoArtist, Jan 12, 2018.

1. DinoArtist

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Mainly because I'm still riding the New Years resolution bandwagon I've thought about finally coming out to my family. They are deeply religious. I don't think they'll disown me rather just deny that I am transgender. To be honest, I know I can't live a normal life. My sexuality was always questioned during my school days. I've always been a little shy and strange. Now I feel like I'm simply too far gone when it comes to relationships. But that's ok. So no way will I'll be able to appear straight. If that makes sense. As far as the religion goes. All I can say is that I'm not Satan. If I was then why would I still be sitting here dealing with this. If I had magical powers and can fly around and disappear I probably would simply just magically switch genders. Anyway thanks for reading. Maybe I'll just drop hints here and there.

2. quebec

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    DinoArtist....There is a lot involved when making the decision to come out to parents. You don't tell us your age and/or if you are living with your parents. Your relationship with them is very important when deciding when or if to come out to them. That fact that you are Trans may make it more difficult...it's hard to know. Can you tell us a little more about yourself and the relationship you have with your folks? That would help us help you! In the meantime...hang in there! ....David

3. Glitters

Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Stay strong. There's no need to come out to them if you don't feel ready yet.

4. DinoArtist

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I still live with them and I'd say I have a good relationship with them. I don't see my extended family much at all anymore though.