1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my Twin Brother Soon.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by EM68, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're an 80s music nut like I am. If Johnny Lydon taught us nothing, it's that "anger is an energy". (I could be wrong, I could be right.) If you DO want to tell him, you can let his homophobic remarks be the trigger. "Why do you keep saying crap like that? What if there was somebody sitting right here who was gay, and had to keep hearing you spew that crap all the time?"

Lex

2. EM68

Rise by Pil...:slight_smile:

[YOUTUBE]jPj-8_wOZcA[/YOUTUBE]

That would be a good way of telling him. Yesterday was not the day to come out to him. It was Greek Orthodox Easter. His kids and girlfriend were in the same room. Part of my discussion with him, I want to tell him that he and his ex wife can decide how to tell the kids. He is not a bad person at all. He is not a racist or anything like that or ultra religious. I thinks it is more of ignorant on his part and hopefully it will stop.

I am leaning on coming out to him by letter. I still am deciding.

#22 EM68, Apr 20, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  3. EM68

Okay I think I finally came up with a plan for coming out to my brother. I wanted to tell him face to face but I will not see him for a couple of weeks and I can not hold on to this anymore. I plan to call him in a couple of days then tell him to check his email. Then I am going to send him this email and ask for him to call me back.

Dear G,

There has been something that I have wanted to tell you for a while however the last few times I have seen you it’s been at family gatherings or the kids have been around. Ideally I would have liked to tell you this in person and alone. However I can not hold on to this any longer. What I want to tell you is that I am gay.

This is something that I have struggled with for many years and finally came to terms with my sexuality within the past year or so. I thought for long time that if I met the right woman I would fall in love marry etc. However I know that this is not for me. Now that I have accepted that I am gay, I feel a lot happier. I am very optimistic about my future and know that I will not be alone the rest of my life. I have told mom, dad and E (sister) and they have been very supportive. I hope this news does not change our relationship. I am the same person as before.

Give me a call when you are ready so we can discuss this further.

Love,

Ed

What do you all think?

4. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I think its nice and to the point. Best of luck Ed.

5. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds great:thumbsup:

6. DexterMorgan

It's great.

Short and sweet!

Good luck man.

7. EM68

Thanks guys. I am going to call him within the next day or so. I will let you know what happens.

8. Jesse Jinx

Wow, you've got a lot of courage! Great job! I don't know you much, but I'm really proud! Now that the balls in his court, I wish you the best of luck. Please keep us posted and let us know how things work out. You did the right thing. (&&&)

9. EM68

I came out to him today. I put a thread in the coming out section

10. BasketCase

(&&&)