1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to dad...HELP!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LeticiaTheLesbo, May 17, 2017.

1. LeticiaTheLesbo

Okay so I am out to my mom and my brother. My dad is "in the dark" so to speak. I want him to know. I am tired of him not knowing. My mom and brother and I don't talk about my sexuality often, really at all. They talk about my brother and his GF plenty, but with me it doesn't come up or when it does its always "Oh you still like girls." Anyway, I want to come out to him. I'm a little worried but that's okay. It's always scary. I guess I'm scary becasue my brother makes comments about how gays are gross and how they shouldn't exist and my mom acts like my being a lesbian is a phase.

I want to come out though, a little scared still! Please any advice? Debating sending him a text (maybe a longer text) during school tommorow...HELP!

2. poltergirl

hey, i'm sorta in the same position you are. i told my mom i was "confused," and even she addressed it as a "phase." ask your mom if she's sexually attracted to llamas (she'll probably answer no.) then say "ohhh, how do you know if you never dated one?" because that's how alot of people feel about us, like NO!! and your brother. the only thing i have to say is give it time, but if he only hates you simply because of who you are, did he ever really care about your feelings in the first place? and finally, your dad. i wish you the best of luck, if he has a positive response to your coming out then that's great. and even if he does have a negative response-at least you know you could get that off your chest. people say it feels great to do that, hopefully i'll feel that way soon.

it gets better