1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out as Transgender

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sontfles, Apr 25, 2018.

1. sontfles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I'm kinda going crazy here thinking of ways to come out. I've come out as gay but that's not who I actually am... that's a whole other story anyway, is it okay to come out over text? Like a massive text just explaining everything to a family member I know will accept me for me? Then I guess just take baby steps from there.. which sucks to think about because I just wanna start living my authentic self agh but I guess it's a journey.

2. i am just me

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi sonfles,
    any way you feel comfortable coming out is okay. If you think that you will be able to say what you want to say more clearly in a text than in a face-to-face conversation, coming out by text is perfectly fine. Coming out is scary and if writing a text is the thing you feel most comfortable doing, go for it. You should maybe be prepared to be called back by your family member and answer questions about your identity. But if you know the person will be accepting, this seems like a great way to start coming out. Baby steps are good. Each one of them takes you closer to living your authentic self. Take your time, focus on the next step and when you look back after a while, you will notice how far you have come by all those baby steps. It's a journey, but the first step is by far the hardest. From there, it will usually get easier, because you grow more comfortable in your identity.
    I wish you all the best!

Zryan and sontfles like this.