1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out as trans to uncertain family

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheOneCactus, Jan 28, 2018.

1. TheOneCactus

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'e wanted to come out to my close family for quite a bit but I've effectivey procrastinated about it for the better part of 2 years. Now I'm trying to tackle this head on but my biggest obstical is my parents.
    They'e quite progressive from my point of view and I havnt really heard them ever say anything homophobic before (excpt for my mom once remarking that gay people couldn't have kids) but at the same time they come from eastern Europe, an area not well known for being lgbt friendly. Also, their parents (especially my mom's dad) are fairly conservative which could ruin relations between us. My main concern is the fact that, as much as I and they piss each ther off at times, they always want to help which can prove difficult due to the fact that we currently are in a tight squeeze finance wise and with MtF surgery costing anywhere from €7,000-€10,000, coming out to them would possibly bankrupt us and being that one special kid in the family is not a position i'd like to find myself in. School would be not much easier as quite a few of my friends are homophobic and I don't want to lose them. Can anyone help?

2. DinoArtist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nothing worth having is ever easy to obtain, and without a set of risks.