1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out and Not Coming Back

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Rainbow Music, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Rainbow Music

So, here I am at Job Corps, and winter break (GL) is just 3 weeks away, and I'm actually thinking of not coming back after GL, for stupid reasons. Just because of this person that i was dating at JC wants to get back together with me. I wanted to get back together at first also, but then he started being a jerk and flirting with other people, and every time that i say hi to him, he ignores me and gives me a dirty look. It is not like me to not come back to something. So if I talk to staff about it, they'll ask me what this is about. I'll have to tell them, and then they'll figure out that I'm gay. Nobody knows and I am afraid of how they will respond. The guys keeps also pressuring me to come out. I don't know what to do. I really like the person, but I don't like what he's doing. Should I leave and not come back, or should i come out and be afraid?:bang:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! If it is not like you, not to come back to something, why do you let one person influence your decision? How bad is it?

If you like it, go back, ignore the guy, and set your own boundaries. Tell him: 'look, you are being a jerk, and I have told you a couple of times as to what I think about what you do and given that your behaviour is not changing, I would like you to give me space." Also let him know that you are going to come out on your terms and what you are ready.

If he doesn't respect your boundaries that you have set, then you have to let him know that this is just not going to work out.

There is no reason for you not to go back, and having to come out, when you don't feel ready for it.

3. Rainbow Music

Thank you Mirko for the advice, I should just stick to my ways and if I don't like the way that he treats me, then he is obviously not the right person for me.