1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out Advice?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AngieJay, Nov 3, 2014.

1. AngieJay

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hmm, where to start? Well years ago in middle school , i started classifying myself as bisexual because i looked at girls and had certain thoughts about girls. I never really acted on my feelings until this year ( my junior year of high school). My girlfriend and I have been dating for 7 months now and i feel like i'm a lesbian.. at certain times my mother has become suspicious of me and my gf because of our constant talks on the phone but i deceived her into thinking i liked my gf's brother. my gf wants to tell my mom but i really dont want my mom to be mad at me and kick me out and/ or disown me because she REALLY hates the whole dating the same sex thing *she's the religious type" and i really want to tell her because me and my gf are planning on getting married and spending our life together. I just don't know how to tell my mom. I really love my mom and my gf. My gf isnt pressuring me to tell my mom, she justs wants her to know. Any advice? :confused:

2. iiimee

Hmm, this is tough. I also have somebody really close to me who is religious. I think if you can, wait until you can support yourself legally. It may be tough, but I suggest you eventually tell her. After all, even if she doesn't accept you, you have your girlfriend to help you along the way. Don't hate her for being close-minded, only realize she is blind and like a blind person, you have to accept there's almost no way she can see.

3. ForeverYoung000

I feel ya. My mom is like that too. Whenever you feel is safe is when you should come out. Having thoughts of her disowning you/kick you out is extreme. Especially at a young age. Don't worry, I have those same thoughts plethora of occasions. The outcome...not so well. Since I'm not currently in a relationship with a female, my advise would have been is to just write her a letter and put it somewhere you'll know she'll find it. But not right away. Yea...I'd wait til I'm of age..approximately around 18 per say, when I'm on my own and in a relationship. Just to be safe.

Hope this helps! Good luck, and am happy for you.

Oh...cute username by the way!

---------- Post added 3rd Nov 2014 at 09:22 PM ----------

Oh, and welcome to EC!

#3 ForeverYoung000, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014